Company: U.S. Dermatology Partners
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Medical Assistant is to provide assistance to the
licensed-medical provider in multiple settings including the clinic
and surgical settings. They are to provide safe, knowledgeable,
compassionate individualized care to all patients. Responsible for
the following, based on the needs of the organization.Duties and
- Serve as a patient advocate during patient exam and
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure
their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms, procedure rooms or
operative rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients' medical history, medications, allergies, vital
statistics and information such as test results in medical
- Ensure proper consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a
patient for treatment
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
following safety protocol of right dose, right patient, right
route, right drug and noting expiration date
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the
specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, wound care
instructions and physicians' instructions to patients.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them
instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving
injections and removing sutures.
- Under Provider direction, authorize drug refills and provide
prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the
rooms neat and clean.Experience Requirements
- One (1)+ year experience in a medical setting, preferred
- Certified as a Medical Assistant by the Commission on
Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or
Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or other
recognizedKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology, required.
- Knowledge of sterile technique, anatomy, and medications
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Management and organizational skills to support the leadership
of this function
- Ability to follow or provide verbal & written instructions with
sufficient grammar and spelling skills to avoid mistakes or
- Interpersonal skills to support customer service, functional,
and team mate support needs
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
- Mathematical and/or analytical ability for basic to
intermediate problem solving
- Basic to intermediate computer operation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Specialty knowledge of systems relating to job function
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for this position;
general understanding of HIPAA guidelines
Keywords: U.S. Dermatology Partners, Kansas City , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!