Clinic RN, Cardiac Hospital Services - Plaza - Full Time
Company: St. Luke's of Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Clinic RN, Cardiac Hospital Services
Saint Luke's Hospital located in Kansas City, MO is looking for a
Clinic Nurse for their cardiology clinic. Saint Luke's Hospital is
nationally ranked amongst the top 25 hospitals for Cardiology and
Heart Surgery by U.S. News and World Report and is nationally
recognized for various cardiovascular care areas by the American
Heart Association. This location is a Magnet Designated hospital
that is ranked amongst the top 100 hospitals in the U.S. by
Becker's Hospital Review and Newsweek and has a Cardiovascular
Program Certification from the American Association of
Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
In this role, you will manage and specialize in cardiac care and
have a variety of responsibilities in various work environments.
You will become a subject matter expert in various cardiac
conditions and treatment plans while assisting physicians and APP
providers in the clinic and in the hospital setting.
This opportunity has a lot of autonomy and requires you to make
decisions quickly while ensuring the patient is getting the best
care. This is a great role for an intuitive nurse who enjoys being
creative in their work, likes fast paced environments, enjoys
overcoming challenges, and always looking to learn more. We are
looking for an assertive nurse who can assign tasks appropriately
and timely to ensure the care plan is executed successfully.
This is a unique schedule of clinic and hospital settings.
4 10 hour shifts a week, No Nights
* Minimal weekend and holiday coverage when needed
During your time in the clinics you will (75% of your time):
* Perform phone triage, return patient calls, provide over the
phone patient education, and discuss test results.
* Communicate with patients via the patient portal.
* Room with physicians to help close up appointments, orders,
patient education, and prepare for upcoming procedures.
During your time in the hospital you will (25% of your time):
* Work with APPs and Physicians in the hospital setting
* Assist with Hospital Service Coordination and creating physician
assignments for APPs and Physicians.
* Work with medical students, residents, and fellows in a teaching
* Help with discharges and scheduling with follow up
* Primarily based at our Plaza location in Kansas City, MO.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about
cardiac care who is looking for an opportunity to work autonomously
in a challenging position with a lot of variety and opportunity to
learn. This is a very collaborative team that works with inpatient
and procedural areas.
* This position will focus on coordinating care for hospitalized
patients for the SLCC hospital services. This includes the
appropriate triage and assignment of incoming patients to care
teams including the teaching service.
* This position serves as the liaison between SLCC providers and
the hospital staff and will assist the providers in discharge
preparation including communication with the multidisciplinary team
to address key issues at discharge including patient/family
preparedness and follow-up care post hospitalization.
* Responsible for developing and conducting monthly orientation of
incoming residents to the cardiology service is a key
responsibility of this position.
Why Saint Luke's?
* Be part of a nationally recognized care team.
* We are dedicated to innovation and always looking for ways to
* We believe in creating a collaborative environment where all
voices are heard.
* We are here for you and will support you in achieving your
* Saint Luke's offers competitive salaries and benefits packages to
all of their employees, click here to find out more.
Less than 1 year
Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association or Red
Cross, Basic Life Support - American Heart Association or Red
Cross, Registered Nurse - Various
Associate Degree (Required)
Day (United States of America)
The best place to get care. The best place to give care. Saint
Luke's 12,000 employees strive toward that vision every day. Our
employees are proud to work for the only faith-based, nonprofit,
locally owned health system in Kansas City. Joining Saint Luke's
means joining a team of exceptional professionals who strive for
excellence in patient care. Do the best work of your career within
a highly diverse and inclusive workspace where all voices
Join the Kansas City region's premiere provider of health services.
Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire only non-tobacco users.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a
condition of employment for all Saint Luke's Health System
employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Keywords: St. Luke's of Kansas City, Kansas City , Clinic RN, Cardiac Hospital Services - Plaza - Full Time, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!