Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Emergency Room
Company: Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as an
Emergency Department Clinical Nurse Coordinator? At Overland Park
Regional Medical Center you come first. HCA Healthcare has
committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over
the course of three years.
At OPRMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety
of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Registered Nurse where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
From heart attack to stroke to gunshot wounds, motor vehicle
accidents, or just fractured bones, ER nurses see it all. ER nurses
learn to quickly triage patients based on immediate observation and
acute assessment skills, then to treat symptoms in order of
About this Unit:
- The teamwork in our 23-bed department is excellent.
- Our shared governance council in the ED and the involvement of
our staff in the shared governance in the hospital allow our nurses
to truly impact the decisions that are made in the department and
the overall hospital.
- Because we are an accredited chest pain center, a comprehensive
stroke center, and a level two trauma center we see some of the
most complex patients that allow for an incredible learning
environment for any nurse. Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of the unit s director or designee
the Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) assumes responsibility for
direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her
designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing
assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
What Qualifications YouWill Need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursingrequired.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nursein the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license,
inaccordance with law and regulation.
- BLS, ACLS & NIH Stroke certification required andmaintained.
TNCC & ENPC within 6 months upon hire.
- Activity in professional organizationsencouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinicalspecialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience
- Continuing demonstration of clinical and
- Commitment and understanding of staffingmatrix/productivity
- Committed to the goals of the unit, patient safetyinitiatives
and positive patient experience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within thestandards
of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solvingskills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with allinternal and
external customers. Overland Park RegionalMedical Center is one of
the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. Thehospital is a
licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medicalcare
services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas
sinceDecember of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical
office buildings,two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100
Our services includeEmergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center,
an Accredited Chest Pain Center,The Women s Center with Level IIIB
NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanceddiagnostic imaging, a
Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services.We offer the
latest in technological advances and we are committed to
providingevery patient with the highest level of care in an
environment where people,compassion, community and integrity are
HCA Healthcare has beencontinually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensatedexpenses.
Be a part of anorganization that invests in you. We are actively
reviewing applications forour Emergency Department Clinical Nurse
Coordinator opening. Highly qualifiedcandidates will be promptly
contacted for interviews. Submit your applicationand help us raise
the bar in patient care!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care, hospice, intensive care,
intensive care unit, mhb, neonatal, nurse clinical, recovery,
Keywords: Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Kansas City , Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Emergency Room, Healthcare , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!