Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Pediatrics
Company: Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: April 9, 2021
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered
care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients
with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your
career as a Pediatric Clinical Nurse Coordinator (RN) today with
Overland Park Regional Medical Center .
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety
of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Pediatric CNC RN like you to be a
part of our team.
It takes a special person to become a nurse, but that's even truer
for those who go on to become Pediatric (Peds ED, PICU and/or Peds
Inpatient) nurses. These dedicated professionals care for the most
fragile patients there are sick and premature newborns. In
addition, they are on the front lines when it comes to helping
scared parents through what is often a traumatic experience.
About this unit:
- Position will support the Pediatric ED, PICU and Pediatric
Inpatient area as needed.
- 12 bed - Peds ED; 9 bed - PICU.
- Voted one of the best Emergency Departments by KC Parent
- Dedicated pediatric ER immediate care with little to no wait
- All board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric specialists
with more than 100 years of combined experience.
- Johnson County's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
- Under the general supervision of the unit s director or
designee the Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) assumes
responsibility for direction and coordination of all functions in
the unit on his/her designated shifts. In collaboration with other
members of the management team, this individual is responsible for
the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services
provided in unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty.
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registeredprofessional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an activecompact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- BLS certification required and maintained. ACLS, ENPC, and PALS
obtained within 6 months of hire. TNCC obtained within 12 months of
- Activity inprofessional organizations encouraged.
- Two (2) years of clinical practice in theclinical specialty of
his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
- Continuing demonstration of clinical andleadership
- Commitment and understanding of staffingmatrix/productivity
- Committedto the goals of the unit, patient safety initiatives
and positive patientexperience.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient carewithin the standards
of nursing practice.
- Displays judgment and superior problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionallywith all internal and
external customers. Overland Park RegionalMedical Center is one of
the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. Thehospital is a
licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medicalcare
services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas
sinceDecember of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical
office buildings,two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100
Our services includeEmergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center,
an Accredited Chest Pain Center,The Women s Center with Level IIIB
NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanceddiagnostic imaging, a
Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services.We offer the
latest in technological advances and we are committed to
providingevery patient with the highest level of care in an
environment where people,compassion, community and integrity are
HCA Healthcare has beencontinually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for thedelivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensatedexpenses.
We are a family 270,000strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is
reviewing applications immediately forour CNC RN opening. Highly
qualified candidates will be promptlycontacted for interviews.
Submit your resume today to join our community ofcaring!
We are an equalopportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminateon the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: infusion, maternal, neonatal, nurse clinical,
psychatric, registed, registered nurse, staff nurse, surgical,
Keywords: Overland Park Regional Medical Center, Kansas City , Clinical Nurse Coordinator RN Pediatrics, Healthcare , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!