RN Clinician - Wound Care
Company: Research Medical Center
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Wound Care RN Clinician
you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for
you to join Research Medical Center a facility that is part of the
nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA
At RMC we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of
comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some
unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a Registered Nurse where your passion for creating
positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to
caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next
opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
A wound care nurse is a specialized nurse who assesses and treats
complex patient wounds, including ulcers, burns, lacerations and
ostomies. They also create care plans for medical teams, patients
and their caregivers to follow to help wounds heal and prevent a
About this unit:
- Our small cohesive staff with a focus on quality patient care
- Opportunity to care for a specialized patient population in a
supportive and educational setting.
- Flexible scheduling and supportive management.
- The Wound Care Nurse Specialist is a collaborative agent who
functions as an expert in the area of wound care.
- The WCNS uses the nursing process to provide care to patients
with complex draining wounds, fistulas, pressure and vascular
- The WCNS has the authority, responsibility and accountability
for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
wound care for referred patients.
- The specialist will also function as a consultant for both
inpatients and outpatients with complex draining wounds, fistulas,
pressure and vascular ulcers and skin problems related to fecal and
- The Ostomy Nurse functions as an expert in the area of stomal
- The Ostomy Nurse uses the nursing process to provide direct
patient care to people with colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies
and percutaneous tubes/drains.
- The Ostomy Nurse has the authority, responsibility, and
accountability for the assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of ostomy care for referred patients.
- The nurse will also function as a consultant for both inpatient
- Other services provided include staff, patient, and family
teaching for wound care and ostomy care and coordination of care
and follow-up with case management. Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing - BSN
- Current state of Missouri RN licensure required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience required
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal,
organizational and leadership skills required.
- BLS and ALS certification required and maintained.
- National certification by WOCN as a Wound Care Specialist,
preferred. At Research Medical Center , above all else, we are
committed to the care and improvement of human life . Located in
beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heart
of HCA MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to
our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To
ensure that we exceed our patients health care needs, we staff over
700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties in our 590-bed
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah
Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Neuroscience Institute
and Women s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources
used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs
are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our
advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive
hospitals in the Kansas City region.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Wound Care
Clinician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly
qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the
possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: bsn, care unit, ccu, intensive care, intensive
care unit, nurse, nurse rn, registed, surgery, unit
Keywords: Research Medical Center, Kansas City , RN Clinician - Wound Care, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!