RN / Neuro / Missouri / Permanent / Registered Nurse Quality Specialis
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 13, 2021
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
Are you looking for a work environment as a RN Quality Specialist
where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with
Research Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to
be a part of the HCA Healthcare team. We are committed to providing
our employees with the support they need. At RMC, we offer an array
of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on
perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and
your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) The Life of an HCA Nurse
We are seeking a RN Quality Specialist to ensure that we continue
to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you
get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team
that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal
addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
We want you to apply now! The RN Quality Specialist performs
medical record reviews to examine and assess provider documentation
and to ensure patient severity of illness and health acuity is
accurately reflected. This is accomplished by performing
prospective, concurrent and retrospective review of various types
of patient medical records from multiple settings. The Clinical
Reviewer assessments also provide guidance for ongoing provider
coaching, training and facilitation. Adheres to policies,
procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient
Responsibilities: Primary responsibility is to provide ongoing
support to organizational quality improvement program as member of
the Quality Department. Contribution to assist in overall quality
excellence and to exceed all accreditation standards,
certifications and to ensure ongoing readiness for accreditation
throughout all accredited/certified programs through assuring
accurate and timely data collection, reporting, and education for
performance improvement purposes. Essential functions:
- Performs prospective, concurrent and retrospective review of
various types of patient medical records from multiple
- Promotes culture of continual survey readiness, acting as a
resource for staff and partner in performance improvements.
- Provides ongoing coaching, training, and/or guidance in
documentation to support appropriate severity of illness, expected
risk of mortality, and complexity of care for the patient.
- Supports TJC Chapter Leaders in assessing performance for
continuous survey readiness.
- Coordinates mortality reviews completion by initially reviewing
chart then forwarding to appropriate provider for review, then
aggregating all results for tracking/trending for performance
- Supports Pathways to Excellence and improvements to nursing
sensitive indicators through the NDNQI database and subsequent
- Supports certification programs data collection, as
- Supports nursing in providing daily log for review of
restraints to assure appropriate regulatory compliance.
- Timely generation of ad hoc and routine reporting.
- Provides education, facilitation, and support for unit based
councils. Qualifications What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in
thestate(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance withlaw and regulation.
- Knowledge of spreadsheets including pivot tables, graphingand
basic statistics; knowledge of PowerPoint; knowledge of Quality
Improvementmethodology and team facilitation.
- 3 years hospital clinical experience
- Must be able to type correspondence using
excellentcommunication and grammar. Must be able to understand and
present data in ausable format.
- Computer software to include database management
At ResearchMedical Center, above all else, we are committed tothe
care and improvement of human life . Located in beautiful Kansas
City, Missouri, RMC embodies the mission and heartof HCA
MidAmerica. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our
skilled,compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure
that we exceedour patients health care needs, we staff over 700
doctors who represent 29medical specialties in our 590-bed
Keywords: HCA., Kansas City , RN / Neuro / Missouri / Permanent / Registered Nurse Quality Specialis, Healthcare , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!