Area Business Director (Nephrology) - Kansas City, MO
Company: Ardelyx, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Ardelyx is a publicly traded commercial biopharmaceutical
company founded with a mission to discover, develop and
commercialize innovative first-in-class medicines that meet
significant unmet medical needs. Ardelyx's first approved product
for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation
(IBS-C) is available in the United States and Canada. Ardelyx is
developing XPHOZAH - (tenapanor), a novel product candidate to
control serum phosphorus in adult patients with CKD on dialysis,
which has completed three successful Phase 3 trials.As a member of
the Ardelyx Sales team, the Area Business Director (Nephrology)
will cultivate and maintain a strong direct customer-facing
presence with nephrology healthcareproviders, their office/clinic
staff, and their affiliated dialysis center personnel as/if needed.
The ABD will help establish Ardelyx as a company that advances
patient care with novel mechanism medicines that meet important
clinical needs.Area Business Director
- Achieve sales objectives.
- Focus on accountability, collaboration, compliance, and
teamwork to deliverfavorable results to healthcare professionals,
their patients, and Ardelyx.
- Assume accountability for establishing and implementing an
effective sales plan that meets (ideally exceeds) sales goals and
- Collaborate with ABD peers to optimize product opportunities
through coordination and information sharing linked to nephrology
practices and dialysis organizations.
- Work closely with personnel from Marketing, Patient Services,
and Market Access to inform on territory experiences and dynamics
to facilitate best practices and idea exchanges to optimize product
and Ardelyx success.
- Master clinical data, disease state knowledge, competitive
products, and market access information to drive relevant messaging
with decision-makers and influencers.
- Ensure activities comply with all laws, regulations, and
Ardelyx compliance policies.Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry sales
- Experience in specialty pharmaceutical/biotech sales,
- Proven track record of success - consistently achieving and/or
outperforming sales goals.
- Product launch experience.
- Experience with patient service hubs and specialty pharmacy
- Demonstrated experience in competitive markets.
- Ability to engage customers with a keen focus on their needs
- An understanding of the laws and regulations applicable to the
sales and marketing ofpharmaceutical products to physicians and
- Ability to understand/develop and implement sales strategies
- Strong clinical and scientific acumen to communicate with and
influence healthcareprofessionals and key stakeholders.
- Specific knowledge of and relationships with nephrology
healthcare professionals,their office/clinic staff, their
affiliated dialysis centers, and local patient advocacy groups is a
- Ability to analyze sales data and key performance metrics to
identify business opportunities.
- Possess integrity, work with honesty, accuracy, and attention
- Prior sales management experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree.Work Environment:
- This position reports to a Zone Director
- This position is field-based
- This position may require up to 40% travel (customer visits,
company meetings, conferences).The anticipated annualized base pay
range for this full-time position is $145,000 to $205,000. Ardelyx
utilizes industry data to ensure that our compensation is
competitive and aligned with our industry peers.Actual base paywill
be determined based on a variety of factors, including years of
relevant experience, training, qualifications, and internal equity.
The compensation package may also include anannual bonus target and
equity awards, subject to eligibility and other
requirements.Ardelyx also offers a robust benefits package to
employees, including a 401(k) plan with generous match, 12 weeks of
paid parental leave, equity incentive plans, health plans (medical,
prescription drug, dental, and vision) and basic life insurance and
disability, as well as up to 10 hours of paid vacation per month,
and at least 10 paid holidays.Ardelyx is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Ardelyx, Inc., Kansas City , Area Business Director (Nephrology) - Kansas City, MO, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!