Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 19, 2023
OverviewReporting to the plant manager, will manage the human,
material resources and processes within the Plant to achieve the
agreed production plan/KPI's in line with the agreed budget,
safety, quality and at the right time for the
- To achieve the productivity levels and expected delivery, lead
and materials variance levels within the overall plant. To review
these daily, through KPI reporting and analyze any trends to
ascertain any deviations and opportunities.
- To ensure that the Plant meets environmental, health and safety
standards and that appropriate work instructions exist to ensure
compliance and safety. To ensure that employees are aware of their
responsibilities for EHS and receive the appropriate training.
- To ensure that all the quality management systems are up to
date and regularly reviewed & implemented.
- To establish the Continuous Improvement strategy with the CI
team, ensuring that CI processes are in place, understood and
- To improve OEE level of the Plant from previous year.
- To lead / support existing and new change projects within the
Plant, leading their implementation in line with defined action
plan and aiding culture change within the Plant. To support cost
reduction programs within the plant and track savings.
- To manage daily meetings in order to re-align resources,
establish counter measures or give support to production team. To
effectively manage the production budget and resources in line with
- To attend key meetings within the plant and outside of the
plant including logistics, engineering, quality etc.
- To provide strong leadership to the production team, setting
clear targets, priorities. To ensure the local team have the right
skills / are trained within their roles and are developed
- To achieve production planning and ensure product is on time
- To ensure the highest quality of the products delivered with
the aim to continue to increase customer
- EDUCATION: Degree level preferred. Can be from a number of
disciplines (technical, engineering, mechanical, chemical,
- MANUFACTURING PROCESS AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Proven ability and
knowledge of core manufacturing processes including scheduling and
production planning. Battery manufacturing experience is desirable.
Ability to understand the key production techniques and identify
areas of improvement. Must be able to demonstrate shop floor
experience that displays ability to communicate with operators and
supervisors. Knowledge and understanding of a variety of
manufacturing equipment is helpful.
- UNDERSTANDING CUSTOMER NEEDS & CUSTOMER FOCUS: Is able to build
and maintain effective relationships with the customer. Understands
what the customer needs and wants. Has good understanding of
customer quality requirements and delivery schedules and resolves
matters before escalation.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT PROCESSES: Has applied abilities in
utilizing a variety of continuous improvement processes and tools.
These may include Lean techniques and Six Sigma.
- Must have proven ability to manage and sustain changes that
occur and engage local operational teams with the changes.
Knowledge of relevant quality standards within the industry as well
as customer quality standards.
- Displays understanding of SPC, PPAP and other quality tools as
well as when these tools should be utilized.
- TEAM PLAYER: Be an integral part of the wider Operations
Management team within local Plant and across Europe as needed.
Empower teams that are self directed to make decisions and execute
- LEADERSHIP: Ability to provide clear operational targets for
the team. To provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to the
employees under their direction and manage performance accordingly.
Motivate, delegate and empower own direct reports and teams to
ensure actions and results are achieved to timescale. Manage day to
day worker issues and management of absence.
- ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY: Ability to manage and
co-ordinate EHS activities and ensure that the working environment
is safe and fit for purpose. Promote a safety culture within the
plant and engage the workers / works councils in the culture
change. Have the proven ability to execute risk assessments,
accident investigations as needed.
- PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING: Demonstrated understanding
and process based use of problem solving techniques. Ability to
make fact based decisions in a timely manner so that corrective
actions can be managed to prevent re-occurrence. Ability to look at
current and historical data as well as create various graphs and
trends to assist with making critical decisions regarding process
- PLANNING, ORGANISING AND TIME MANAGEMENT: Proven track record
of strategic planning, effective co-ordination and planning of own
and teams work, tracking progress and managing follow up regularly.
Ability to manage multi priorities in a coordinated way.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Proven skills in written and verbal
communications. Must be able to speak and write English to good
standard. Visible and accessible to all workers - spend time on
shop floor and key functional influencers. Ability to listen and
make time for collaboration and discussions with workers.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to use computerized hardware and
software critical to the facility and company. This will include
creating spreadsheets, Minitab, Infinity and the MP2 program.
Familiar with word and power point as needed.Experiences:
- OPERATIONS EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of 5 years working
experience in a manufacturing plant environment. Would be helpful
to have managed other functional areas such as maintenance,
engineering, quality but not essential. Must have been in a
position as production supervisor or equivalent prior to
Manufacturing Manager role.
- OPERATIONAL LEADERSHIP: Track record of experience in
developing others, managing that development and growth over time
and ability to communicate developmental feedback in a way that
takes into consideration and adapts to individual behavior.
Experience of leading a team with more than 5+ direct reports where
it is your responsibility to set clear individual and team
objectives that align with the plant goals. Experienced in leading
teams within a unionized environment and resolving conflicts in a
- ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH AND SAFETY: Understanding and experience
of working within a highly regulated EHS environment. Has working
knowledge and experience of the country and group EHS legislation
obligations in order to ensure the plant is compliant.
- FINANCE AND BUDGETING: Experience of working with and assisting
in establishing budgets, ability to read and analyze financial
statements, P & L as well as capital expenditures.
- PROJECT PLANNING & FOLLOW UP: Demonstrated experience in
project management and use of structured planning
- CUSTOMER QUALITY REQUIREMENTS & ANALYSIS & CONTINUOUS
IMPROVEMENT: Experience managing customer quality requirements and
application of the tools needed to meet requirements. Ideally have
worked within an environment where CI tools have been applied or
other business tools such as Six Sigma, Lean techniques.
- METRIC AND KPI REPORTING: Experience with measuring performance
to established indicators. Experience of working within an
environment where KPI/metrics are standard practice and are used to
support decision making and follow up action planning.
- CROSS FUNCTIONAL UNDERSTANDING: Experience collaborating with
other functions on the shop floor. Ideally displaying an
understanding of the importance of the equipment uptime and the
role which Maintenance plays in keeping production running
efficiently and machines running safely at capacity.EEO
StatementStryten Energy is an equal opportunity employer where an
applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About
StatementStryten Energy helps solve the world's most pressing
energy challenges with a broad range of energy storage solutions
across the Essential Power, Motive Power, Transportation, Military
and Government sectors. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, we
partner with some of the world's most recognized companies to meet
the growing demand for reliable and sustainable energy storage
capacity. Stryten powers everything from submarines to subcompacts,
microgrids, warehouses, distribution centers, cars, trains and
trucks. Our stored energy technologies include advanced lead,
lithium and vanadium redox flow batteries, intelligent chargers and
energy performance management software that keep people on the move
and supply chains running. An industry leader backed by more than a
century of expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the
status quo and deliver top-performing energy solutions for today
and tomorrow. Learn more at .
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Kansas City , Operations Manager, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!