OSP Engineering Manager
Company: Fastwyre Broadband
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Position Purpose/SummaryThe OSP Engineering Manager is committed
to providing the highest quality of service to the communities,
customers, and employees we serve by managing all OSP Engineering
through Fastwyre.Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Review proposed construction plans and schematic drawings to
ensure that proposals are feasible, can be done in the time
allotted and adhere to company specifications.
- Manages and coordinates the installation of telecommunications
- Manages the prioritization of projects proposed by each of the
markets to establish engineering and project management staffing
levels, training, tools, and software across all Business Units
that will allow the project teams to achieve the Company's
objectives with respect to given projects
- Provide leadership to ensure proper investments in tools,
processes, and people to deliver the objectives given by the
- Report to OSP Engineering Director on all projects at regular
- Identify and lead the negotiations to select appropriate
contractors (EPC, equipment suppliers, and outage labor) to support
execution of Business Development and major maintenance
- Provide leadership to ensure assigned staff successfully
achieves Company goals and objectives.
- Must be able and willing to travel, as required, to job sites
which may include the use of small airplanes and boats. Must be
able and willing to work on call during nights, weekends, and
- Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the
organization's policies and procedures.
- Hire, motivate, and lead a high-performing team through
coaching, top-tier talent retention, and directed recruiting
- Supervises staff, including training, providing work direction,
problem-solving assistance, reviewing performance, recommending
salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers.QualificationsAt a minimum, the OSP Engineering
Manager must have a bachelor's degree, Master's Degree with P.E.
License or PMP preferred and five years' experience in the
telecommunications industry and a valid driver's license; OR 10+
years of relevant OSP Engineering experience, including 5+ years of
experience directing staff; OR an equivalent combination of
education and experience and a valid driver's license. Physical
Demands Select one the following for the each of the items listed
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 - 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66%
of the time or 2.5-5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day. Standing N? O? F? C? Walking N?
O? F? C? Sitting N? O? F? C? Reach Outward N? O? F? C? Reach Above
Shoulder N? O? F? C? Climbing N? O? F? C? Crawling N? O? F? C?
Squatting/Kneeling N? O? F? C? Bending N? O? F? C? Keyboarding N?
O? F? C? Driving N? O? F? C? Hearing N? O? F? C? Perceiving N? O?
F? C? Communicating N? O? F? C? Distinguish Colors N? O? F? C?
Outdoor Climate N? O? F? C? Various Terrain N? O? F? C? Cramped
Workspace N? O? F? C? Lift/Carry: Up to 10 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20
lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C?
Up to 100 lbs N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N? O? F? C? Push/Pull: Up to 10
lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 20 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 50 lbs N? O? F? C?
Up to 75 lbs N? O? F? C? Up to 100 lbs N? O? F? C? 100+ lbs N? O?
F? C? DisclosureThe Company has reviewed this job description to
ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been
included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations
and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
functions, responsibilities, skills, and abilities. Additional
functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed
appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of
employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job
description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the
Company may deem appropriate. American Broadband Holding Company,
dba Fastwyre Broadband, is an equal opportunity employer. We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. PI202118749
Keywords: Fastwyre Broadband, Kansas City , OSP Engineering Manager, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!