STORE MANAGER - EXPERIENCED
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the
United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a
subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the
success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support
our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to
promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical
and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive
life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the
first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an exceptional Sales Center Manager
to join our TEAM! The SC Manager will increase product sales within
an assigned store coverage area, develop and retains effective
working relationships with customers, and manage store operations
Increases product sales within assigned store coverage areas in
order to achieve company objectives. Develops and retains effective
working relationships with customers to achieve and exceed sales
goals, and maximize market penetration and margin potential.
Manages store operations and personnel to ensure all activities are
performed in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Major Function and Scope:
- Achieves revenue, budget, and other business objectives for
each fiscal year.
- Develops business relationships with the key customers within
the store coverage area.
- Clearly defines goals and objectives for SSC personnel to
measure performance and communicate these objectives to the staff
on a regular basis.
- Provides leadership and direction in the pursuit of store
objectives with employees.
- Communicates and works closely with customers to maximize
market penetration and margin potential.
- Develops and implements strategic plans to accommodate
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price
schedules, and discount rates.
- Advises customers on product selection, pricing and sales
volume and continues to build customer relations.
- Meets with key customers to negotiate and close deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of SSC to conform to
- Analyzes sales reports showing sales volume, profit loss (EVA)
and margins utilizing the "on Demand" reporting process.
- Ensures prudent credit transactions and manages account
- Participates in the planning process by providing accurate,
achievable sales forecasts.
- Aligns achievements with corporate goals, standards and
- Communicates the safety program goals and expectations and
ensures associates are properly trained in the Safety program.
- Trains, leads and develops associates in customer service,
order management, purchasing, warehouse duties, office
administration, truck management, and system processes.
- Cross trains on all areas of SSC operations; customer service,
warehouse, and office administration duties. Assists where
necessary. Recruits hire and manage SSC staff associates. Includes
daily support and direction, as well as, ongoing performance
management and development.
- Ensures compliance with Human Resource policies including,
hiring, firing, performance management, and DOT compliance.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience and Knowledge Required
- HS diploma and 5+ years of relevant sales experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 1+ years of
relevant sales experience. 4 years prior selling experience. Prior
customer service experience is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of previous management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and excellent written and verbal
communication skills. Analytical aptitude; time management and
organizational skills. Proven training, teamwork, and leadership
skills. Ability to "multi-task." Demonstrated follow-up and
follow-through skills. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and
PowerPoint. Must be Dal-Tile certified to operate powered
Other Pertinent Job Information:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, use hands and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee may sit, climb, balance, talk or hear. Specific
vision abilities required by this position include close vision,
peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required
to lift 50 pounds frequently
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package,
career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth.
Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase
Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and
their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including
disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud
Drugs Don't Work participant.
Keywords: Mohawk, Kansas City , STORE MANAGER - EXPERIENCED, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!