Manager - Strategic Sourcing (US - Remote)
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Job SummaryMAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order
- Manage complex supplier portfolio worth in excess of $250M of
- Negotiate supply contracts with selected suppliers to obtain
best commercial and business conditions.
- Support company objectives and assist in maximizing gross
margin through joint cooperation with production and marketing to
negotiate and implement supply contracts with optimal
- Source lab supplies, lab equipment and instrumentation,
chemicals, and life science products distribution and support our
Avantor branded production facilities.
- Prepare bid packages and tender, analyze results, shortlist
suppliers, conduct post tender negotiations and finalize
- Work with Avantor Global Sourcing to consolidate and leverage
global purchase requirements.
- Liaise with legal counsel to ensure contracts comply to legal
standards and requirements.
- Conduct the annual price collection and negotiation program for
- Monitor performance.
- Analyze Spend Data and identify potential cost saving programs,
develop these programs and drive them through execution.
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training,
Experience and Certifications)
- Degree in business, supply chain, or other applicable field;
advanced degree preferable
- 8+ years of applicable business experience
- 4+ years leadership experience
- Working experience in lab supplies industry, chemical research,
chemical technology or pharmaceutical production, or in any kind of
- Industry purchasing experience in consumables, lab equipment,
or chemicals such as raw materials and industrial packaging.
- Experience in tender business of commodities or raw
materials/chemicals.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary
to perform the job competently)
- Strong Negotiation skills - Ability to negotiate assertively
and effectively at all levels
- Understanding of the key aspects of Avantor business, economic
factors & environment and the laboratory and production market in
all market segments
- Strong project leader capabilities - ability to manage multiple
- Strong presentation skills and able to sell Avantor
capabilities and expertise to suppliers
- Ability to organize, conduct projects and to analyze and solve
issues at human, cultural and professional levels
- Basic knowledge about laboratory products and/or
- Pro-active and able to work individually, as well as, be a good
- Market intelligence of manufacturers of lab supplies, lab
equipment or instruments or chemicals/reagents and chemical
- An appreciation and knowledge of contract law and international
tradingENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under
Typical Positions)Typically works in an office environment with
adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature
and noise level.Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past
precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may
be developed to resolve problems.A frequent volume of work and
deadlines impose strain on routine basis.Frequent travel
required.Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly
sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching,
lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Kansas City , Manager - Strategic Sourcing (US - Remote), Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!