Director of Safety & Security
Company: Aimbridge Hospitality
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Director Safety & Security plans directs and coordinates
activities relating to the protection safeguarding and security of
company assets employees invitees and others; ensures that
established goals and objectives are accomplished with prescribed
priorities time limitations and with fiscal responsibilities;
advises makes recommendations assists in the formulation of goals
and objectives; designs implements and monitors security policies
procedures and programs; complies with federal state and local
legal regulations; and exercises independent judgment in the course
of carrying out overall responsibilities and other activities as
assigned. Exempt associates are expected to work as much of each
workday as is necessary to complete their job
responsibilities.Exempt managers must customarily and regular
direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their
equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative
executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time
and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and
independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major course work in Business
Administration Criminal Justice Law Enforcement Security or a
closely related field is required.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Principles and practices of security management including
business management practices personnel practices administrative
practices security preventative practices investigatory practices
and related legal responsibilities
- Knowledge of city laws and ordinances.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace
including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying
the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly
service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge
Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Plans examines analyzes evaluates and supervises Aimbridge
Hospitality security operations
- Prepares reports and records for management team
- Evaluates current procedures practices and precedents for
accomplishing Aimbridge Hospitality activities and functions
relative to security
- Coordinate special events or special projects as assigned
- Assists guest with problems with hotel services
- Identifies and resolves security related problems
- Oversee Programs such as Crime Prevention Loss Prevention
Safety Awareness and Lost & Found
- Strategically plan all executive protection for VIP
- Responsible for maintaining thorough knowledge of the law and
local police ordinances.
- Keep training manuals such as Safety Bomb Threat and Emergency
up to date.
- Act as Manager on Duty for large special events.
- Conduct safety and security inspections weekly and as
- Oversee the cleaning and organizing of garage and dock
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable for
position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First
- Develops and implements alternative methods for security
- Prepares periodic budget estimate and reports
- Reviews financial reports to ensure security operation
efficiency and quality control
- Develops preventative security programs; including the
supervision of security personnel
- Performs audits of security related performance and conducts
physical surveys of premise security including security equipment
- Conducts supervises and prepares reports relating to internal
investigations of any losses or violations of ABC Corporation
regulations policies and procedures
- Develops implements and manages security training
- Assists in preparation of emergency management and contingency
- Serves as Aimbridge Hospitality liaison with public law
enforcement fire and other agencies as it relates to security at
Aimbridge Hospitality and or Aimbridge Hospitality personnel
- Directs and coordinates through subordinate and/or contract
personnel Aimbridge Hospitality activities and security functions
utilizing knowledge of established policies procedures and
- Initiates personnel actions such as recruitment selections
transfers promotions and discipline or dismissal measures
- Provides work directives; resolves problems; sets deadlines to
ensure completion of operational security functions
- Performs other activities as assigned
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house
rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Employees must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and
courteous to all guests managers and all other employees.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when
communicating with other employees.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.As the
global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing
portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in all 50 states and 22
countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels,
destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the
globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving
exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is
inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge
Hospitality.After an initial waiting period, those hired into full
time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that
includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement PlanJob ID: 2022-176455 Full-Time/Part-Time:
Full-Time Street: 200 W 12th St
Keywords: Aimbridge Hospitality, Kansas City , Director of Safety & Security, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!