Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value.
We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our
success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up
firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management
companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service
is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes
from engaged, happy and well-trained team members. In 2018 and
2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to
Work's 'Best Workplaces for Women.' BH was also ranked in 2018 and
2020 as one of the 'Best Workplaces for Millennials." In addition,
in 2019, -BH was named to the 100 "Best Workplaces for Diversity."
We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each
individual employee and we value our employees by providing a
strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program Qualifications **This position will
oversee the KS and MO area** Position Summary The RM is responsible
for assisting in the development and monitoring of company policies
and procedures related to property management for properties within
a specified region. Responsible for recruitment, training,
development, and supervision of Property Managers, and shares
responsibility for maintaining the physical asset and performance
of assigned properties. This position will also assist the
Area/Regional Vice President and/or other supervisors with special
projects as needed. Exhibits strong commitment to the service needs
of the internal and external customer. Represents the company in a
professional and courteous manner. Essential Job Functions:
- Takes a hands-on approach to determine and accomplish portfolio
goals and objectives.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and mentors Property
Managers in accordance with company policies, procedures, and
directives; conducts performance evaluations on supervised
employees; assists Property Managers with site-level employees.
Reviews and approves onsite employee status changes, and
- Establishes effective and regular communication/meetings with
employees, owners and AVP/RVP.
- Reviews, monitors, assists, and makes recommendations to
improve marketing activities; reviews occupancy status; establishes
unit pricing based on weekly market surveys.
- Reviews/audits property administrative, accounting, and
maintenance areas to ensure compliance with established policies
and procedures; approves all exceptions of same.
- Inspects properties regularly to ensure BH standards are
maintained; evaluates maintenance, grounds, and office operations
in areas of efficiency. Conducts periodic inspection of vacant
apartments for market-ready condition.
- Supervises and coordinates preparation of annual operating and
capital budgets. Monitors and makes recommendations on budget
performance and reviews and approves expenditures within specified
budget guidelines. Negotiates and/or evaluates contracts and makes
recommendations as needed.
- Serves as primary liaison between Owner or Owner's
representatives and BH; provides asset managers and/or owner groups
with necessary reporting and updates.
- Quarterly reviews (QAR) develops PM action plans for deficient
items (RM Red Flag Action Plan). Escalates to AVP/RVP and/or other
appropriate parties for approval when additional action is
- Travel up to 50% or as needed is required; reasonable use of
your vehicle will be required from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned Minimum Qualifications/Skills:
- Previous Property Management experience
- Knowledge of property management software (Yardi Voyager a
- Skilled in preparing/analyzing financial data, budgets and
- Intermediate computer technology skills including MS Office
- Ability to travel up to 50% or as needed
- A valid driver's license required
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and customers
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Management preferred
- CAM/CAPS Licensed Property Manager preferred Work Schedule:
8am-5pm, Monday-Friday, or as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. This job generally operates in a professional office
environment, but may also occasionally operate in an outdoor
environment. - While performing the duties of this job, employees
must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of
time, occasionally move about the office, constantly operate a
computer and other office equipment, - communicate regularly and
effectively with others, both written and verbally, and may
occasionally lift up to 30 pounds. This position requires close
visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and
analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, and
extensive reading. - The ability and means to travel locally,
overnight, in specific regions or states via automobile and
airplane may be required. Equal Opportunity Employer. - -Drug Free
workplace. -Employment is contingent upon successful completion of
a background check and drug screen.
Keywords: Careerbuilder-US, Kansas City , Regional Manager, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!