Company: Fastwyre Broadband
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Position Purpose/Summary The Construction Manager is committed
to providing the highest quality of service to the communities,
customers, and employees we serve by supervising Outside Plant
(OSP) Construction staff and contractors, ensuring the timely and
efficient placement of all OSP facilities within budget, including,
but not limited to aerial, buried, underground facilities both
metallic and fiber in addition to monitoring technical advances and
participates in the formulation of modification of standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage OSP construction projects and activities.
- Review proposed construction plans and schematic drawings to
ensure that proposals are feasible, can be done in the time
allotted and adhere to company specifications.
- Coordinates construction placing with other departments and
contractors to ensure timely and economical project installation,
within the established schedule. Evaluates contractor invoices for
- Provide leadership to ensure proper investments in tools,
processes, and people to deliver the identified objectives.
- Identify and lead the negotiations to select appropriate
contractors to support execution of business development and major
- Provide leadership to ensure assigned staff successfully
achieves company goals and objectives.
- Responds to customer complaints and initiates action to
negotiate a resolution.
- Recommends purchase of new and replacement construction
equipment; maintains current calibration of equipment; monitors
equipment and material inventories prior to project
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of the section's
- Must be able and willing to travel, as required, to job sites
which may include the use of small airplanes and boats.
- Carries out supervisory responsibility in accordance with the
company's policies and procedures.
- Hire, motivate, and lead a high-performing team through
coaching, top-tier talent retention, and directed recruiting
- Supervises staff, including training, providing work direction,
problem-solving assistance, reviewing performance, recommending
salary increases, promotions, transfers, demotions, or
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) regulations and
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors.
- Ability to use appropriate computer programs (including, but
not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite) which includes having
proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn as
programs and processes change.
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal.
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to best
serve our customers. Qualifications At a minimum, the Construction
Manager must have a bachelor's degree in construction, or
equivalent field of study, along with 7+ years of experience with
expanded levels of responsibility, including demonstrative
experience in the planning and development of projects, making
operational and process decisions, 3+ years of
supervisor/management experience, and a valid driver's license OR a
high school diploma, or equivalent, along with 12+ years of
experience with expanded levels of responsibility, including
demonstrative experience in the planning and development of
projects, making operational and process decisions, 7+ years of
supervisor/management experience, and a valid driver's license.
Select one the following for the each of the items listed
- N (Not Applicable) - Activity is not applicable to this
- O (Occasionally) - Occupation requires this activity up to 33%
of the time or 0 - 2.5+ hours/day.
- F (Frequently) - Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66%
of the time or 2.5-5.5+ hours/day.
- C (Constantly) - Occupation requires this activity more than
66% of the time or 5.5+ hours/day. Standing N--- O--' F--- C---
Walking N--- O--' F--- C--- Sitting N--- O--- F--- C--' Reach
Outward N--- O--' F--- C--- Reach Above Shoulder N--- O--' F---
C--- Climbing N--- O--' F--- C--- Crawling N--- O--' F--- C---
Squatting/Kneeling N--- O--' F--- C--- Bending N--- O--' F--- C---
Keyboarding N--- O--- F--- C--' Driving N--- O--' F--- C--- Hearing
N--- O--- F--- C--' Perceiving N--- O--- F--- C--' Communicating
N--- O--- F--- C--' Distinguish Colors N--- O--- F--' C--- Outdoor
Climate N--- O--' F--- C--- Various Terrain N--- O--' F--- C---
Cramped Workspace N--- O--' F--- C--- Lift/Carry: Up to 10 lbs N---
O--' F--- C--- Up to 20 lbs N--- O--' F--- C--- Up to 50 lbs N---
O--' F--- C--- Up to 75 lbs N--' O--- F--- C--- Up to 100 lbs N--'
O--- F--- C--- 100+ lbs N--' O--- F--- C--- Push/Pull: Up to 10 lbs
N--- O--' F--- C--- Up to 20 lbs N--- O--' F--- C--- Up to 50 lbs
N--- O--' F--- C--- Up to 75 lbs N--' O--- F--- C--- Up to 100 lbs
N--' O--- F--- C--- 100+ lbs N--' O--- F--- C--- Disclosure The
Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential
functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to
provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability
to perform the position described. It is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities,
skills, and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be
assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does
not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves
the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for
the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
American Broadband, dba Fastwyre Broadband, is an equal opportunity
employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an
inclusive environment for all employees. PI191945835
Keywords: Fastwyre Broadband, Kansas City , Construction Manager, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!