Setting the standard for grand hospitality, Hotel Kansas City
has delivered an experience like no other since its opening in late
2020. Named one of the " Best New Hotels in the World " by Travel +
Leisure, and Kansas City's newest #1 Hotel on TripAdvisor, guests
can indulge in Victorian-inspired guest rooms merged with modern
twists, preserved touches like hand-hewn walnut and stained glass
windows, and multiple show-stopping food and beverage outlets.
Centrally located in the historic Kansas City Club Building, the
hotel is only steps away from the city's best nightlife,
restaurants, and shopping. The ideal candidate is currently a top
producer, and sincerely enjoys working in the wedding and social
T he Sales & Event Planning Manager is responsible for soliciting
new catering & group accounts, entertaining and sustaining
relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed revenue
goals. He/she must have a strong knowledge of event sales and
understand the importance of prospecting in creating new sales
opportunities for the hotel. The Sales & Event Planning Manager is
also responsible to plan client functions to ensure customer
satisfaction while maintaining profitable operations and high
Our excellent benefits include:
- Free room nights, Discounted and Friends & Family Room Rates
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, new child leave and personal day
- Paid Family Bonding Time and Adoption Assistance
- Free colleague meals during shift
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Discounts at various retailers - Apple, AT&T, Verizon,
Headspace and many more
COVID-19 Safety: Hyatt Hotels follows all COVID-19 CDC and US]
Health department protocols for the safety of our employees and
Hyatt is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Develop accounts (new and existing); maintain organized and
professional plan for correspondence and follow up.
- Perform solicitations to new and existing accounts/customers.
- Responds in a timely manner to all leads, RFPs, phone calls and
- Procures new and repeat business.
- Conduct tours of property to meeting planners and other
potential; entertain customers on property, during site
inspections, pre-planning trips, and program operation when
- Coordinate all sales related activity through the direction of
the (Associate) Director of Sales & Events: negotiate contract
specifics to achieve maximum profitability while satisfying
- Conduct all sales related interactions with the highest level of
- Assist with all guest inquiries within the sales department,
including assisting answering phone calls and attending to walk-in
- Participate in sales blitz and telephone blitz activity.
- Meets with groups on property to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Work with the client to plan and execute the details of the
event: Create the Banquet Event Order and Group Resume, attend
resume meeting, and coordinate with other departments for any
- Work closely with operations team through execution of definite
program; keep all stakeholders fully informed of any problems so
prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Attend and coordinate tastings.
- Intermediate source of communication between the Operations team
and the Client.
- Assist the Event Services (Banquets) Manager where needed; attend
each event and work with the Event Services Manager throughout the
planning process to understand event details, changes or special
- Other duties may be assigned