HR Project Manager- Corporate HR (Kansas City, MO)
Company: Burns & McDonnell
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 24, 2022
DescriptionBurns & McDonnell is growing, and we have an HR
Project Manager opportunity to serve as a consultant/advisor to
various Human Resource teams on a range of projects to create
advanced HR solutions to serve our organization. A proven problem
solver who can work in a fast-paced environment and drive extensive
change in HR technology and processes. These projects will vary in
size and scope and include technical and functional aspects. This
influential role will sit onsite in our Kansas City, MO World
- Determines and discerns detailed requirements on larger scale
HR projects to establish the project deliverables, and manages
changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs to keep the
project management plan updated and reflective of authorized
- Create project plans, charters, charts, and timelines to staff
and manage projects of varying length, complexity and scope
(ranging from small-scale to yearly large-scale)
- Identifies and manages project and program
- Act as liaison with between Human Resources, stakeholders and
contributors. Establishes and maintains team members and project
stakeholder relationships, expectations, and communications
- Manage stakeholder needs and effectively negotiate tradeoffs
between scope, schedule, and participation. Balance needs of
multiple stakeholders and gain buy-in from groups who may be
resistant to change.
- Develops and manages project risk and issue management plans.
Analyzes risks by probability and severity to assess their impact
on project delivery. Implements procedures to mitigate risk
- Develops project organization chart and governance structures.
Defines roles and responsibilities of team members.
- Creates performance and status reports for relevant
stakeholders, creates and/or edits project communication assets,
and coordinates with internal communications teams to broadcast
targeted messaging of projects and initiatives.
- Identifies and develops strategy for changes in scope,
schedule, and cost. Develops strategic rationale for changes to
costs, benefits, tradeoffs, etc.
- Creates transition plan, identifies lessons learned, and
applies the lessons learned to future
projects.QualificationsBachelor's degree in HR, Business
Administration or a similar field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years work experience focused on project management
disciplines and best practices;
- 5 years of hands-on HR experience managing HR related projects
of increasing complexity
- Broad knowledge of the Project Management life cycle
- Proven ability to develop business and establish relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and
interpersonal skills. Must have th ability to clearly and
effectively present complex information to all levels of employees,
management and clients.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to influence, lead and manage change thoughtfully
- Demonstrated success in Project Management
- Proficiency if the use of basic computer software (i.e.,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)Preferred Qualifications:
- Human Resources certifications (SHRM/PHR) is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Workfront is a plus
- Experience managing an ERP or HCM technology implementation is
a plusEEO/Minorities/Females/Disabled/VeteransJob Project
ManagementPrimary Location US-MO-Kansas CitySchedule:
Full-timeTravel: NoReq ID: 222356\#LI-JP \#COR
Keywords: Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City , HR Project Manager- Corporate HR (Kansas City, MO), Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!