Engagement Manager, Data Center Transformation
Company: Forsythe Technology, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Open to Most US Locations
The Engagement Manager oversees and manages relationships with one
or more customers throughout ongoing Data Center Transformation
engagements. This position manages the overall service delivery and
serves as the primary escalation point and customer sponsor.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Participates in the creation and maintains a working knowledge of
specifics of the client Statement of Work (SOWs) for assigned
* Creates resource estimates, Budgets, and Manages Projects in
partnership with Client Executive, Resource Managers, and the
Sirius project owner across multiple medium-sized/ medium to high
* Accountable for identifying and reporting project variances to
timeline, budgets and deliverables on assigned projects
* Takes ownership to do detailed analysis of issues and risks to
fully illustrate the impact and interdependencies of project
* Brings recommendations and ideas for risk mitigation to
* Escalates risks to the right person and with the required
* Conduct/creates detailed stakeholder analysis
* Partners with Sirius operations to report on labor and budget
burn rates for assigned projects
* Partners with Sirius operations for all engagement change
* Uses Sirius Project and Program Management artifacts to provide a
consistent client experience
* Works with Sirius clients to specific and align PMO standards,
targets, and measures for products, processes and services
* Takes appropriate ownership for Status Meetings/Reports, Change
Orders, and Invoicing
* Accountable for Internal Kick-off meetings, Client Kick off
meetings, Day 1 Assessment, Mid Project Assessment, Project
Closure, and After-Action assessments
* Interacts with mid-level client stakeholders on a regular basis
(Sr. Manager, Director level) on Change Management issues
* Looks for and identifies new opportunities with clients
* Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques
for obtaining solutions within the context of best practices and
making recommendations necessary to achieve targeted objectives
* Provides guidance to less experienced project team members on PM
tools and techniques, including MS Project
* Complies with all of the time compliance and time entry
* Meets utilization targets defined in the IC bonus plan
* Training/Certifications: Attend training sessions or shadowing
activities, and obtain industry related certifications as
determined by management
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Business
or a related field
* At least five (5) years of IT project management experience
dealing with solutions in the Sirius Data Center Transformation
* Certifications: PMI/PMI plus PMI-ACP or PMI-RMP
Other Required Qualifications
* Demonstrated understanding of contracts, project planning, the
infrastructure and software development lifecycle, ITIL processes,
and product offerings
* Demonstrated ability to engage in difficult conversations with
project teams and clients on issues, risks and escalations
* Demonstrated ability to leverage Stakeholder and Impact Analysis
to help with the issue and risk mitigation activities on overall
* Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships
and contribute to measurable team and/or organizational objectives
in a consulting environment
* Demonstrated ability to set and prioritize goals and pursue them
* Demonstrated ability to collaborate and ensure that others input
is gathered and discussed
* Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize workload
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Resourceful in working with disparate client and internal
departments to ensure projects are completed on time and within
* Demonstrated ability to provide day-to-day guidance to less
experienced project team members, including acting as an SME on
project planning, resource estimation, and quality control
Data Privacy and Security
* All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information
and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of
their Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in
accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related
to security and report security violations to the appropriate
* Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security
Awareness training as well as other required training identified by
the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data
security related regulatory training may be required based on your
role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical project management
consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability
to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on
an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position
requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a
government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ
and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals
with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free
workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Demonstrates competencies defined for the Project Coordinator
through Project Manager levels, plus the following:
Ensures Accountability - Follows through on commitments and makes
sure others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership.
Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures.
Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring
work and measuring results. Designs feedback loops into work.
Manages Ambiguity - Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of
change. Effectively handles risk. Can decide and act without the
total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in
the air. Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear
solutions or outcomes.
Communicates Effectively - Is effective in a variety of
communication settings: one-on-one, small or large groups, among
diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others.
Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and
helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages
the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions.
Customer Focus - Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies
opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers
solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and
maintains effective customer relationships.
Directs Work - Provides clear direction and accountabilities.
Delegates and distributes assignments and decisions appropriately.
Monitors progress by maintaining dialogue on work and results.
Provides appropriate guidance and direction based on peoples'
capabilities. Intervenes as needed to remove obstacles.
Balances Stakeholders - Understands internal and external
stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. Balances the
interest of multiple stakeholders. Considers cultural and ethical
factors in the decision-making process. Acts fairly despite
conflicting demands of stakeholders.
Keywords: Forsythe Technology, Inc., Kansas City , Engagement Manager, Data Center Transformation, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!