Business Development Manager - 1898 & Co. (Kansas City)
Company: Burns McDonnell
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
1898 & Co. is seeking an energetic professional that will build
and develop business at electric and gas utilities within a defined
geographic market in the United States. This position will grow
1898 & Co.'s diverse set of solutions across the strategy,
planning, technology, and security service offerings. Utilizing
direct-to-client and internal channel sales strategies, this
position will be responsible for creating, managing, and closing
- Identify new business opportunities for 1898 & Co. with
existing and prospective utility clients.
- Create high activity levels with assigned accounts and in the
assigned region presenting 1898 & Co. brand and services within
client meetings, external marketing events, and internal enablement
- Build strong relationships through proactive, consistent, and
ongoing contact with employees across the client's
- Assertively work towards a comprehensive understanding of the
relevant parts of clients' organizations where 1898 & Co. can
- Connect 1898 & Co. business lines, departments, and
professionals to the right people and areas of the client's
- Develop a strategic understanding of the client's
organizational priorities, goals, problems, and opportunities.
- Lead, coordinate, and encourage 1898 & Co. business lines and
project managers to build trust and relationships across key
- Collaborate internally with Burns & McDonnell global practices,
regional offices, and account teams to maximize existing client
opportunities and develop new clients.
- Collaborate with 1898 & Co. business line leads, project
managers, proposal managers, and marketing teams throughout the
opportunity lifecycle, including lead generation, discovery,
presentation, proposal development, and contract negotiation.
- Use and promote BlueKey CRM for activities including
opportunities, client meetings, agreements, and contacts.
- Identify and align 1898 & Co. capabilities to current market
and client trends, informing 1898 & Co. business line offering
creation and iteration.
- Develop and maintain high levels of solution competency.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements,
developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract
requirements with business operations.
- Attend and participate in professional associations relevant to
your clients and/or region.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, accounting, economics,
finance, or related field from an accredited program.
- 7+ years of professional experience in the energy or similar
- Must be proactive and organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong
interpersonal skills; strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex
information to all levels of clients and colleagues.
Keywords: Burns McDonnell, Kansas City , Business Development Manager - 1898 & Co. (Kansas City), Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!