Branch Operation Manager (HVAC)
Company: O'Connor HVAC
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: April 9, 2021
As a Branch Operations Manager you will lead by example and you
will be responsible for the overall successful operation of the
branch location with responsibilities including safety, sales,
counter sales and customer service, merchandising, purchasing and
product support, receiving, product deliveries, inventory control,
warranty, will call, and supervision of staff. This role is
responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the Branch.
Let's Unpack This - Who are we?
Founded in 1920, O'Connor Company features an impressive list of
high-quality product lines to accommodate HVAC dealers needs
including comfort, ductless and Geo-Thermal products. We have
locations in Kansas City, Wichita, Tulsa, Des Moines, Oklahoma City
and Omaha. We do business right and relationships are important to
us, because we believe in being a resource and providing the best
solution to customers. Our philosophy is that in order to get
someone's business you have to earn it and everyone at O'Connor
works hard to do just that. Visit our website for additional
information about our company. We'd love for you to join our team!
This position is located at our Lenexa, Kansas branch.
What's in it for You!
A nice competitive salary for sure! You'll be eligible for a host
of health benefits that include medical, dental and life with
AD&D insurance. Eligibility for the company's retirement
savings plan (401k) with company contribution. You'll have paid
holidays, vacation time, sick time, company bonus program after one
year of employment, employee promotions from within, business
casual dress code, and much more!
What you will be doing
- Provide daily leadership for all aspects of the branch
operation including staff supervision, safety leadership and
overall branch operations, including customer service,
delivery/will calls, fleet and facility maintenance, administrative
and warehouse functions.
- Oversee the successful day-to-day operations in the areas of
safety, facilities/vehicles, counter sales, will call, receiving,
deliveries, inventory, products transfers, and general warehousing
- Ensures the daily opening and/or closing of the branch on time
and in preparation for next day business needs.
- Provides emergency openings for customers as needed.
- Manages branch staffing to ensure that appropriate staff levels
are maintained for superior customer service and workflow. In doing
so, reviews requests for time off, vacations, and other work
- Achieve branch safety goals by driving the safety culture by
promoting a safe work environment by adhering to safety policies,
quickly addressing unsafe conditions. Support safety initiatives by
managing vehicle fleet, building and material handling maintenance,
testing and inspection processes.
- Lead/Participate in the continuous improvement activities of
the branch to improve service and operational efficiency.
- Lead and coordinate branch technology initiatives
- Maintains communication with customers either direct or via the
Territory Manager assigned as n eeded to address issues.
Establishes and promotes first name basis customer
- Responsible for the branch's sales/financials and financial
reporting including cash handling, daily deposits, accounts
receivable, RMAs, credits and warranty issues.
- Ensure accurate inventory levels and cooperate in all issues
pertaining to correcting or verifying inventory discrepancies or
- Conducts daily communication to Regional Operations Manager the
operational status of the branch, covering items including but not
limited to customer issues, employee issues, safety issues or
violations, injuries, facility issues, and general status of the
- Leads by example in all staff and customer dealings in person,
on the phone, and in written communication.
- Develop and train staff by recommending and coordinating
training needs along with conducting regular staff touch bases and
coaching. Job Requirements: Preferred Job Requirements
- 5+ years' experience with logistics, distribution, and related
functions. Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in management, business, or a related field
or the equivalent in relatable work experience. HVAC knowledge a
- 3-5 years' experience with logistics or distribution and
- High degree of personal ethics, customer service, and
commitment to safety.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications as needed to satisfactorily
perform work assignments - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, as
well as have the ability to learn company enterprise systems as
- Aptitude for mathematical operations and numerical
- Use computers, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, and phone
systems relative to the needs of the job.
- Must be organized, able to prioritize, set and keep deadlines,
change direction quickly, and adapt to various work environments
- Must be able to work independently and at times discreetly, use
sound judgment, and make thoughtful decisions in a timely
- Must be able to communicate well interpersonally, written, and
in group settings as well as have the ability to follow verbal and
- Must be able to work effectively in group settings through
collaborative, solutions oriented, and win-win approaches.
- Must be able to understand and abide by company policies and
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 40 words per minute. We provide
equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to sex, age, race, religion, national origin,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identification,
physical or mental disability, or any service, past, present, or
future, in the uniformed services of the United States.
We're only a click away. Apply today. Come see what we're all
about! This is a full-time permanent position just waiting for you!
We provide confidential, discreet review on all inqu iries.
Keywords: O'Connor HVAC, Kansas City , Branch Operation Manager (HVAC), Executive , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!