Mortgage Quality Control Manager
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Work where you are treated like family - competitive comp with
full suite of benefits!
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brendan Thomas
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 - $90,000 per year
A Bit About Us
Since 1972, we have provided strong, conservative financial
leadership for our members. We a offer comprehensive line of retail
banking products and services, and is proud to be one of the
nation's leading home mortgage lenders, funding more than $8.0
billion in home loans since 2008. We operate nine deposit branch
locations, three residential loan origination offices, and one
residential construction loan origination office.
Why join us?
Comprehensive medical insurance options - options include a PPO
plan and a QHDHP/HSA plan
Employer paid life insurance and AD&D
Employer paid Long-Term Disability
Employer paid Short-Term Disability
Voluntary Spouse/Dependent Life Insurance
Section 125/Cafeteria Plan
Flexible Spending account for medical and dependent care
Health Savings Account (with QHDHP)
Volunteer Time Off program
Paid sick/personal, vacation, and hospital leave
401(k) Retirement Plan with immediate employer match
Internal and external training opportunities
We are actively seeking an experienced Quality Control (QC) Manager
to join the Loan Servicing Operations team. The QC Manager will
manage an audit desk function that includes a staff of 4 to 6
employees. The QC Manager will proactively identify areas for
improvement in our operational workflow through structured and ad
hoc audits of loans. This role will focus on ensuring our
operations and customer facing teams are following corporate
policies and procedures and providing exceptional quality for our
partners. This opportunity will play a key role in helping us
evolve our operational excellence through identifying and
correcting any quality issues within our loan servicing operations
Responsibilities / Essential Functions
- This position will perform operational audit reviews to ensure
that proper policies were followed, calculations are accurate based
on provided information, stipulations are verified correctly,
exceptions are within stated tolerance guidelines, and support
documentation exists with an easy to follow audit trail.
- Serve as primary point of contact for all our internal and
- Develop and implement a quality control framework to support
our operational workflow.
- Centralize and report out on audit findings to help inform
policy changes, training opportunities, and workflow
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (sales, risk,
operations teams & internal audit) to ensure we are reviewing,
tracking, and correcting any quality issues before external party
- Create auditing templates, scoring mechanisms, and reporting
templates to identify, escalate, and action audit findings.
- Proactively modify audit techniques to accommodate changes in
corporate policy and strategy.
- Develop and maintain detailed SOPs (standard operating
procedures) in support of audit findings.
- Additional assignments as needed.
- Proficient in quality control and auditing methodologies.
- Experience in the design of auditing templates, ability to
quickly identify quality issues, report out to senior
- Strong organizational, planning, project management, problem
resolution, communication, time management, and critical thinking
skills are required.
- Ability to connect with people and build relationships that
result in a collaborative environment.
- Mortgage, consumer, and commercial lending experience a
- Exceptional skill in writing and drafting documents.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent managerial skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration with team members
and business partners, such as members of management.
- Demonstrated professional integrity, maturity, and
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Able to handle a heavy workload and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Any combination of education and experience providing the required
skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be
- 5+ years of experience with quality control and operational
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with consumer, mortgage & commercial lending,
banking, and customer service preferred.
- Familiarity with consumer & residential lending regulations
such as TILA, RESPA, Reg B, SCRA and MLA.
- Investor and or agency experience such as Freddie Mac, Fannie
Mac, FHA and or VA.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, Kansas City , Mortgage Quality Control Manager, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!