Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 24, 2020
What you'll do...The Director Benefits is responsible for the
strategy, design, planning, implementation and administration of
benefit programs within the organization. Work closely with the
Total Rewards leadership team to strategize, design, implement,
communicate, and administer the organization's benefit programs to
elevate our talent and culture, deliver a strong employee value
proposition and support business objectives.
Day to day, you'll...
- Promote and support a culture of wellness that sets the
standard for quality, effectiveness, and value; use data to
understand key focus areas and to promote programs, tools, and
resources for associates to improve health and reduce
- Analyze plan costs and trends to optimize benefit spend in line
with company strategy, employee value, market competitiveness, and
- Ensure benefit programs are compliant with all federal and
local government regulations.
- Benchmark benefit plans, trends and best practices; ensure
market competitiveness by modifying existing and designing new
benefits to respond to a changing landscape by evolving the
benefits strategy while optimizing cost constraints.
- Act as a subject matter expert to the Employee Benefit
Committee ensuring that adequate processes and controls are in
place to meet fiduciary responsibilities.
- Ensure associates understand their benefits package; design a
wholistic communication plan in partnership with the Total Rewards
leadership team that assists in associate engagement and
understanding direct support functions in providing customer
service, information records, claims, etc.
- Identify connections and synergies across the organization and
apply creativity and out of the box thinking on different
approaches to resonate with shifting demographics, geographies, and
needs of associates.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with internal
partners such as HR, Finance and Legal as well as outside
consultants and vendors.
One H&R Block Way
About H&R Block...
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately
12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.We
are a people company first and a tax company second. People who
join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something
bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a
strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined,
forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our
leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
It would be even better if you also had...
- HR certification (SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR)
- CBP or CEBS certification preferred.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Five years of related experience in an HR leadership
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although
some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Strong leadership and people skills, including the ability to
coach, develop and engage a high-performing team and advise at all
levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills, must provide and
drive strategic direction, recommendations and negotiate contracts
- Expertise in benefit plan design and administration Knowledge
of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance
requirements related to benefits. Strong analytical skills and
ability to interpret and communicate data.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related fieldwork.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Director Benefits, Executive , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!