Sr. Electrical Engineer
Company: Disability Solutions
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of
breakthroughsInnovate to solve the world's most important
challengesIn Kansas City, Honeywell Federal Manufacturing &
Technologies (FM&T) manages and operates the U.S. Department of
Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration's (NNSA) Kansas
City National Security Campus.--This state-of-the-art engineering,
manufacturing and sourcing facility produces a wide array of
intricate components to deliver trusted national security products
and government services primarily for the NNSA.--Honeywell
FM&T's culture of integrity, commitment and continuous
improvement enables them to deliver responsive, collaborative, and
innovative management and technology services and products that
translate into cutting edge solutions to complex national security
issues.--***This position will be in Kansas City, MO***Summary of
- Develops, grows and maintains relationships with design
agencies, support organizations and internal/external customer
- Determines acceptability of designs, processes and materials in
partnership with design agency, quality, and other affected
organizations and negotiates related changes.
- Actively participates in design reviews, collaboration meetings
and Product Realization Teams.
- Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances
that improve quality, reduce flow time, improve productivity, and
enhance operational surety.
- Drives rapid resolution of component, system and flight test
anomalies through research, development and execution of
experiments, and collaboration with internal and external technical
- Proficient in root cause analysis in complex systems, and
interacts with design agency and/or supplier counterparts to
resolve moderate to complex design, development, production and
- Mentors and develops others to allow workload balancing,
accommodate surge support, reduce single-point expertise risks and
ensure a technical talent pipeline.
- Performs other duties as assigned.--You Must Have:
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active US Depart of Energy
""Q"" level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET
accredited Engineering program.
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Six or more years of experience in electrical engineering or
related technical activities, such as manufacturing, inspection,
troubleshooting or processing, including application of advanced
engineering principles and technology related to complex technical
- Direct experience with a variety of test equipment used to
troubleshoot and repair electrical devices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to positively
influence others and create a passion for excellence.
- Exhibits a bias for action with follow through on commitments
and multitasking those results in high customer service
- Telemetry product experience and expertise including developing
testing methods, limits and writing testing product
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both technical
and business information to all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated commitment to Six Sigma/Lean methodologies,
quality, ES&H and Honeywell core values at work and in the
- Experience leading projects to successful outcomes.
- Familiarity with project management concepts and tools.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Lean Expert certification.
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering.-- FMT2021.Additional
JOB ID: req412057Category:
EngineeringLocation: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas
City,Missouri,64147,United StatesExemptMust have or be eligible for
a security clearance due to contractual requirements.Honeywell
FM&T OverviewHoneywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age,
race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Kansas City , Sr. Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!