Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Company: Precision Resources Company Inc
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Instrument & Controls Engineer
- Assist senior staff in preparing control systems (DCS and/or
PLC), Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and
- Perform control system retrofits and migrations.
- Assist senior staff in developing detailed scope documents to
identify how the upgrade/migration will be executed.
- Prepare instrumentation design deliverables, including
Instrument List, Instrument Construction Specifications, Instrument
Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans.
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation
diagrams (P&ID's) and equipment subcontract package
- Prepare instrument and control system specifications,
instrument and instrument valve data sheets, request for quotation
(RFQ) and technical bid summaries.
- Design and maintain control system Input/Output (I/O)
- Design control system graphics and logic diagrams.
- Perform on-site logic and graphic configuration
- Coordinate and manage vendor I/O and instrument lists;
coordinate I/O to determine partitioning of the control system
- Verify and perform design calculations, project studies and
- Develop specifications and site study for design of systems;
provide assistance with P&ID design including instrumentation
and related mechanical design.
- Assist in evaluating technical bids and managing vendor
- Assist senior staff in reviewing and approving vendor
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests, control wiring design, and
- Provide technical assistance during commissioning at project
- Perform quality reviews of project submittals.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or mechanical
engineering from accredited program required.3 years related
experience.Completion of master's degree in related field may be
substituted for one year of experience.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification recommended.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on familiarity with control systems found in power
generation facilities is recommended.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e.,
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).:
Keywords: Precision Resources Company Inc, Kansas City , Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...