Company: Job Juncture
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Kansas City, MO
Would you like to work for a profitable company that continues to
grow in their market?
Do you enjoy project management and accomplishing tasks as a
Are you familiar with learning management systems? Would you
like to implement an LMS for this employer and see it through to
Do you enjoy making process improvements and striving for cost
Do you consider yourself to be a detail-oriented person who is good
at managing multiple tasks?
Would you like to work for a company that is investing in their
plant with new equipment and upgrades?
This position could be for you!
Growing manufacturer is adding a Process Engineer to their
team. The Process Engineer will be initially responsible for
implementing the company's LMS (learning management system).
Responsibilities will include:
- Share and evaluate best practice with sister locations
- Champion the evaluation of the organization's manufacturing
practices in order to make recommendations for an LMS
- Partner with quality, operations and safety teams in order to
develop standard operating procedures and document and develop
- Ensure that training is being documented within the LMS
- Develop and improve line layouts and make line
- Identify continuous improvement projects and oversee multiple
CI projects at a time, including managing project
- Establish rapport and build relationships with hourly and
salary team members in order to complete project goals in a timely
- Make efforts to expedite operator effectiveness
- Support operations by assisting with evaluating cycle times,
mechanical troubleshooting, etc.
- Spend up to 50% of your time on the manufacturing floor,
initially focused on the LMS implementation; afterwards focused on
- Other engineering tasks as assigned
This is a hands-on position that requires qualified candidates to
be on the manufacturing floor between 20% and 50% of their
day. Candidates should be able to manage their own projects,
be flexible with their work requirements, have good written and
verbal communication skills and enjoy working within a team.
Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be
able to effectively communicate with front line
Medical, dental and vision benefits are available the day of hire
and are FREE for the employee. Holidays, vacation, relocation
assistance, 401K and bonus!
REQUIREMENTS for the Process Engineer:
1. Bachelor's degree; preferred majors include engineering
management, mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering
technologies, industrial technologies or manufacturing
2. At least three years in a similar process engineering
3. Experience working in manufacturing environments
4. Working knowledge of LMS systems, including creating work
instructions and/or standard operating procedures
5. Experience focused on continuous improvement initiatives,
including scrap reduction, efficiency improvement, elimination of
6. Project management skills
7. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Implementation of an LMS
2. Capital equipment projects
3. Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Budget experience
6. Controls experience
Why work for this organization:
- Opportunity for internal growth
- This is a high-profile position
- Diverse work responsibilities
- Profitable location
- FREE medical, dental and vision for the employee
- Diverse business mix
- Flexible hours
- Family oriented
- Strong market share in their industry
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Kansas City, MO area.
There is a competitive relocation program available for candidates
with all of the required core functions of the job.
engineering management, learning management system, work
instructions, project engineer, process engineer, mechanical
engineer, mechanical engineering technologies, industrial
technologies, manufacturing technologies, CI engineer, Lean
engineer, six sigma engineer, manufacturing engineer, optimization
engineer, continuous improvement engineer
Keywords: Job Juncture, Kansas City , Process Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!