Drainage Engineer (Hybrid or Fully Remote)
Company: DRMP, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
If you're a civil engineer who loves the blend of drainage and
roadway projects; who is able to analyze situations in an
innovative way that ultimately protects our roadways, environment,
and communities, then your goals align with ours, and we would love
to speak with you.Our Pensacola, FL office is looking for
experienced Roadway/Drainage Engineers with FDOT backgrounds. If
you have at least three (3) years of Drainage/Roadway experience
and possess this could be your opportunity.REQUIREMENTS FOR
POSITIONThe Drainage/Roadway Engineer independently applies, plans,
designs, directs, organizes, executes, and recommends improvements
for Florida DOT and municipal roadway improvement projects.
Assignments may include a diverse variety of drainage-related tasks
such as stormwater management, roadway pipe drainage systems,
roadway ditch drainage systems, water quality BMPs, streams, bridge
hydraulics, culvert hydraulics, watersheds, and erosion and
sediment control.Your Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and
aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrological
characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan
and design projects.
- Conceiving plans and conducting research in problem areas of
considerable scope and complexity.
- Calculating cost and determining the feasibility of project
based on analysis of collected data.
- Preparing or directing preparation and modification of reports,
specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact
studies, and designs for projects.
- Inspecting construction sites to monitor progress and ensure
conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction
and safety standards.
- Directing construction and maintenance activities at the
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software and
equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Project management assistance on existing projects and business
- Proving hydrologic and hydraulics analyses and design for
transportation improvements projects in Florida.
- Preparing construction details, plans, specifications, and
estimates including detailed engineering calculations for roadway
- Collaborating with clients, sub-consultant partners, technical
staff, and managers across multiple disciplines to develop quality
deliverables within schedule and budgetary requirements.
- Directing and mentoring lower-level support staff.
- Conducting engineering investigations and planning work by
completing well-defined tasks including collection and analysis of
data; performing routine calculations and participating in
evaluating the feasibility of alternate solutions.What you'll need:
- Bachelor of Science from an ABET-accredited university in Civil
- Florida EI designation or professional registration (PE).
- Three (3)+ years of relevant and progressive drainage design
- FDOT hydraulic design experience (preferred).
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control design experience.
- Proficiency in MicroStation, GEOPAK Drainage, FDOT Storm
Tabulations, ICPR, HEC-RAS, and GIS (preferred).
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of applicable FDOT
hydraulic design standards, FEMA requirements, and SWFWMD
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client
- Detail-oriented team player with an ability to contribute to a
positive work environment.
- Management duties include budgeting, scheduling, job tracking,
client interaction, and staff management.DRMP is a multi-discipline
firm serving clients in the public, private and industrial sectors
in the development of infrastructure for the community-at-large and
has been in business since 1977. DRMP currently employs 500
employees in 19 office locations spread strategically across our
service areas. Today, DRMP is ranked among Engineering
News-Record's "Top 500 Design Firms" in the United States and has
received numerous awards locally and nationally for project
achievements. As we continue to grow, we seek to add talented and
motivated professionals to work on exciting projects while
maximizing their personal growth potential. DRMP is where talent
and a strong work ethic are rewarded by opportunity and advancement
in a company poised for strategic growth.DRMP Offers:
- Excellent compensation package
- Outstanding holiday and paid-time-off programs
- 401(k) Plan and Match
- Career Path Development Program (Management & Technical Career
- Mentorship Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive health and dental insurance premiums
- Variety of voluntary benefit options
- Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
- Company-furnished life insurance
- Employee Assistant Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account
- and More
Keywords: DRMP, Inc., Kansas City , Drainage Engineer (Hybrid or Fully Remote), Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!