Senior Backend Engineer (Remote)
Company: Tava Health
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Senior Back-End Engineer
If you had all day to work on any development project you wanted,
chances are that you would pick something you're passionate about.
It might even be something that could change people's lives for the
better. At Tava Health, that's exactly what we've done. We're
passionate about improving emotional healthcare and it's our
mission to do it through frictionless, technology-enabled care.
The "technology-enabled" part is where you come in. We're seeking
an experienced back-end engineer whose passion for development is
rivaled only by a passion for meaningful mission-based work. You'll
have the responsibility to ensure that the emotional healthcare we
provide is enabled by functional and reliable platforms for
clinicians, clients, and internal staff. This work will improve the
quality of our customers' lives, and that's work worth doing.
- Infuse all of your work with empathy, security, and quality to
produce high-quality experiences
- Build internal APIs to support client, clinical, and
- Build integrations with 3rd party services for scheduling,
video conferencing, and billing, etc.
- Build systems to capture data about how clients interact with
us to learn how to improve the product
- Manage and build upon our simple service deployment in AWS
What We Expect:
- Ability to move fast and work through ambiguity - we are a
small startup and are constantly balancing the demands of business
growth and platform reliability
- Effective collaboration with frontend engineers, product
managers, data scientists, behavioral health specialists, and
- Willingness to learn new technologies and processes that may be
out of your comfort zone
- Empathy for everyone you affect: patients, clinicians,
coworkers, and yourself
- Proactive and consistent improvement of the security of our
- Clear and efficient technical writing and thought to
communicate complex ideas
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or the equivalent with
around 5 years of backend experience
Key Backend Technologies:
What you'll love about this opportunity:
- The work we do meaningfully improves people's lives in
- Get paid to do what you love while learning and exploring new
ideas and skills
- This is a true startup experience: fast-paced and fun with
- Enjoy working remotely (anywhere in the continental US) in this
full-time, salaried position.
- Tava offers a highly competitive benefits package including the
opportunity for stock options, parental leave, plenty of paid
holidays and PTO, medical, dental, and vision insurance, and (of
course) a generous mental health benefit.
If this type of work and startup environment is exciting to you,
then we look forward to seeing your application!
Tava is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran, marital or disability status.
Keywords: Tava Health, Kansas City , Senior Backend Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!