Senior Electrical Energy Storage Engineer - Renewable Energy (Kansas City)
Company: Burns McDonnell
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Burns & McDonnell Kasnas City, MO office is seeking to hire
a Senior Electrical Energy Storage Engineer for the Energy Global
Burns & McDonnell's Energy Storage team offers storage solutions
that take clients from project conception, siting and permitting to
turnkey design, construction, and startup. As one of the only firms
in the United States to offer a fully integrated turnkey solution
in the energy storage industry, Burns & McDonnell has the market
expertise to manage a wide variety of storage technologies
including lithium-ion, flow, and mechanical storage systems. The
company provides every essential service in the energy storage
market and is a key player in the country's transition to
Burns & McDonnell is searching for well-rounded and driven Senior
Level Electrical Engineers with a focus on Energy Storage. This
unique opportunity requires an individual who enjoys engineering,
business development, and project management roles. A "seller-doer"
type who has high quality technical and interpersonal skills.
The Energy Storage team focuses on renewable power generation and
storage in both the utility-scale market and the
commercial/industrial market and offers a wide range of design and
project execution experiences. Services include initial battery
sizing, use case evaluation, and technology selection to full
detailed design. Current projects range in size from 1MW to 500MW+
with interconnection voltages from 480V to 500kV and include both
standalone storage and storage plus other renewables such as wind
Burns & McDonnell is searching for engineers with a passion for
renewable energy who can assist with the design and execution of
complex energy storage projects. Some specific duties &
- Evaluating energy storage technology and providing guidance for
clients on the best technology for the application.
- Perform marketing, project development, and proposal
development for energy storage projects.
- Regularly meeting and corresponding with clients or outside
- Developing scope of work, conceptual design, and execution
- Preparing engineering cost and man-hour estimates and
- Performing Project Management duties on energy storage
- Performing Lead Engineer duties on multi-discipline energy
storage construction projects.
- Provide leadership, guidance, instruction, and mentorship to
less experienced team members.
- Preparing or directing the creation of construction documents
for the installation of energy storage facility electrical
- Developing or directing the creation of equipment
specifications, procurement, and factory acceptance testing of
batteries, inverters, battery enclosures, and other miscellaneous
equipment associated with energy storage projects.
- Coordinating project design assignments and design teams
locally and with other office locations.
- Provide guidance and field engineering support to construction
and startup personnel during construction and commissioning.
- This position requires approximately 20% travel to client
offices and field project sites. Some travel may be overseas.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive design and
management responsibilities as well as knowledge of construction
and commissioning of engineered designs. Has experience with design
scope development, budget preparation and project execution meeting
schedule requirements and maintaining established budgets. This
position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and
diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of
assignments. Must be capable of interpreting and developing
solutions to complex problems.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited
- Minimum 7 years of related experience.
- Experience with energy storage in both utility-scale and/or
large industrial facilities, including the following design types,
is strongly preferred: battery technology/chemistry selection,
battery sizing, one-line development, site arrangements, inverter
selection, cable ampacity calculations, grounding, protective
relaying and associated systems design and construction
- Software experience utilizing SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar
software is preferred. Field construction and commissioning
experience is preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communications, as well as strong
analytical & problem-solving skills, are required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred.
- Completion of PE is required.
Keywords: Burns McDonnell, Kansas City , Senior Electrical Energy Storage Engineer - Renewable Energy (Kansas City), Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!