**Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 24, 2021
What You'll Do...
At H&R Block we are modernizing our software architecture which
is generating a need for more talent. We are looking for
problem-solving difference-makers to help us with new approaches,
challenges, and designs working on complex systems.
We are investing heavily in our technology transformation moving to
serverless infrastructure and cloud-native applications, as well as
a continuous everything approach - improvement, development,
testing, implementation, delivery, and learning; we are innovating
Our people are the key to our success, and we are investing in
talent opportunities. We encourage learning, experimenting, and
exploration. If this type of innovation and learning is enticing to
you and if you embrace and implement Agile practices, we are
looking for you.
The Infrastructure Engineer participates in developing an
Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering,
operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and
support services for the H&R Block information technology
The position will be responsible for managing day-to-day work
activities for one infrastructure engineers and leads activities in
the areas of technical support escalation, internal resource
application, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution
services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore
(MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics.
- Participate in as appropriate the engineering and deployment
planning of infrastructure systems for IT and business customers.
Contribute to the proactive identification of automation
opportunities in workflow, electronic information availability, and
new systems management tools.
- Proactively engage as the Tier 3 escalation point to satisfy
requests for new applications or functionality or resolve system,
software or hardware deficiencies in existing systems. These
actions may include initiating technical research, presenting and
leading a corrective plan of attack, interface with vendors for
additional analysis, or executing a system recovery in the case of
- Proactively engage in vulnerability management.
- Assure quality workmanship is performed by utilizing industry
best practices and following H&R Block corporate standards and
- Look for automation opportunities.
- Assure optimum systems performance by implementing and
following sound system tuning practices, swift fault isolation and
rigorous problem resolution management.
- Provide efficient and effective project assistance to the
internal and external H&R Block user community. Provide input
that identifies hardware and software requirements, alternatives,
implementation of solutions, and expanded use of network
- Ensure procedures and industry best practices on performance,
confidentiality, integrity, and availability of applicable systems
or solutions are being utilized within the Enterprise.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- Three years proven experience in server operating systems
- Knowledge/experience with deploying and supporting
infrastructure to Azure cloud
- Experience with Terraform
- Working experience with SCCM for Windows and or RedHat
Satellite for Linux
- Experience with Chef and automation tools
- Working knowledge of Azure monitoring tools for cloud
- Demonstrated understanding Site Reliability Engineering
techniques and protocols as it relates to DevOps
- Working experience with Agile projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent through a
combination of education and work experience.
- In-depth understanding of inter-operational relationships of
various infrastructure components of a hybrid cloud IT
- Ability to manage rapidly shifting priorities and
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and
customer service skills.
About H&R Block...
We're here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire
confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our
work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and
homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , **Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!