Sr Cloud Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 15, 2021
What you'll do...
- Play a key engineering role in the enterprise adoption of Azure
Public Cloud offerings (Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), PaaS SQL,
Cosmos, Application Service Environment (ASE), Service Bus,
SignalR, Redis, IaaS VMs, etc).
- Stay ahead of the Microsoft Azure product lifecycle for new and
existing PaaS offerings by performing proof of concept and other
efforts to vet new technology.
- Contribute to engineering efforts in Azure DevOps and CI/CD
pipelines that leverage Terraform Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
templates and modules. Further advance automation efforts towards
delivery of an enterprise self-service cloud resource provisioning
solution to be used by Enterprise DevOps teams.
- Design, deploy, manage and operate scalable, highly available,
and fault tolerant systems on Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Automate deployment, configuration, monitoring, and ongoing
support tasks for Cloud Environments, Operating Systems - RedHat
Linux, Microsoft Windows Server
- Work directly with App/Dev teams to further automate
infrastructure build and app deployments
- Scale infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing seasonal
- Work closely with App/Dev in the adoption of new MS Azure Cloud
features and services, including execution of technology proof of
concepts, pilots and production deployments
- Help lead incorporation of DevOps into daily engineering and
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures
- Effectively coordinate support escalation communication;
participate in the development and maintenance of appropriate
project technical documentation including design, configuration,
and installation Pay range for this position is $90,100.00 to
$135,200.00 salary. This information is posted pursuant to the
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act to provide Colorado
applicants with information about what they might be eligible to
receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on job-related
factors such as experience, education, skill, performance, and
geographic location where work will be performed. Successful
candidates may be able to participate in one or more incentive
compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could generate
additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each plan.
H&R Block offers competitive medical, prescription drug, dental
and vision benefits for regular associates and/or their eligible
dependents. Eligible associates can also participate in the H&R
Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), Employee Stock
Purchase Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance
Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, associate discount
program, flexible spending and health savings accounts, and a
variety of wellness programs. Associates also receive Tax Prep
benefits, paid time off benefits, Life Insurance, AD&D
coverage, Short Term Disability and Business Travel Accident
About H&R Block... We're here to live our purpose to provide
help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities
everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it
represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives. We've been
true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded
our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to approximately
12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the
world. When you join our team, you'll add to the momentum of a
forward-thinking company one that defined an industry and is now
leading its transformation. It would be even better if you also
- 2+ years of systems administrator experience; preferably in
Public Cloud or large Enterprise Level Data Centers
- 2+ Cloud and automation experience
- 2+ years working with Cloud orchestration and automation
- 3-5 years working with Cloud platforms - Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- 3-5 years working knowledge with Cloud service provider
technologies (Microsoft Azure preferred, or AWS)
- Technical skills in Server operating systems (Windows and
Linux) including Administration, Clustering, and Powershell
- Programmatic skills that leverage languages and scripting.
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD concepts.
- Knowledge of automation, orchestration and configuration
management technologies such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible,
SaltStack and advanced scripting knowledge with Python, Powershell,
Bash, VBScript or equivalent.
- Technical knowledge across various disciplines to resolve
complex infrastructure integration issues and problems and
interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution of
- Experience operating in a large enterprise environment and
understanding of implementation of systems at scale.
- Strong communications and teaming skills.
- Ability to operate in an agile, fast paced environment. What
you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through
a combination of education and related work experience.
- 5 years Minimum related work experience #indeedkr #hrbjob
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Sr Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!