Azure Data Engineer
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 14, 2020
What you'll do... You will have an opportunity to work with Data
Scientists, Data Engineers and Architects covering all aspects of
Marketing Data including 3rd Party Data, Data Management, and Data
Governance. You will be responsible for delivering Azure-based Big
Data and Analytical Solutions for the Marketing and Analytics Team.
This includes designing a robust, secure and optimized Azure
architecture. It also includes the ability to be hands-on
delivering the target solution. This role will work with internal
engineering teams in delivering big data solutions in Azure and
will work to implement state of the art, scalable, high-performance
data solutions in Cloud. Some specific areas of focus include:
- Provide subject matter expertise and hands-on delivery of data
capture, curation and consumption pipelines on Azure.
- Ability to build cloud data solutions and provide domain
perspective on storage, big data platform services, serverless
architectures, vendor products, RDBMS, DW/DM, NoSQL databases and
- Participate in deep architectural discussions when building new
solutions on the Azure platform. Conduct full technical discovery,
identifying pain points, business, and technical requirements,
as-is and to be scenarios.
- Stay educated on new and emerging
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible
alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Use considerable judgment to define the solution and seeks
guidance on complex problems. About H&R Block... We're here to
live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our
clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally,
because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods
and lives. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and
Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown
to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States
and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if
you also had...
- Experience developing and deploying ETL solutions using DevOps
on Azure Platform.
- Familiarity with the technology stack available in the industry
for metadata management: Data Governance, Data Quality, MDM,
Lineage, Data Catalog, etc.
- Azure Training and certification is a plus. What you'll bring
to the team...
- At least 2 years of experience in Azure.
- At least 3 years of experience in developing data ingestion,
data processing and analytical pipelines for big data, relational
databases, NoSQL and data warehouse solutions.
- Hands-on experience in technologies such as T-SQL,
- Hands-on experience implementing data migration and data
processing using Azure services: Azure SQL DB/DW, Data Factory,
Azure Analysis Service, Databricks Azure, Data Catalog, Cosmo Db,
GraphDB, ML Studio, AI/ML, Azure Functions, ADLS/Blob, Networking,
- Cloud migration methodologies and processes including tools
like Azure Data Factory, Event Hub, etc.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts. Prepare dashboards and
reports for internal and external audiences using Microsoft Power
BI, Azure Analysis Services, Microsoft Power applications.
- Experience working with Developer tools such as Visual Studio,
Azure DevOps, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Azure Data Engineer, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!