Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Join the industry leader to design the next generation of
breakthroughsThe future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of
thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that
make the future. Working at Honeywell isnt just about developing
cool things. Thats why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic
career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywells Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages
the U. S. Department of Energys Kansas City National Security
Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated
mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our
nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of
supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's
defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more
information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National
Summary of Duties:
- Participates or leads teams to provide quality input for the
development, manufacture, procurement, and acceptance of a variety
of products and assemblies.
- Develops methods and writes detailed instructions for
- Coordinates the design of product acceptance equipment and the
ordering of testers, gages, and equipment to support product
- Provides technical assistance to inspection areas.
- Develops and monitors quality metrics, levels, and trends.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations regarding product
- Evaluates opportunities for defect prevention and implements
specific and preventative corrective actions.
- Develops test procedures and performs evaluation tests,
capability studies, quality audits, data reviews, and other
engineering evaluations utilizing Six Sigma methodology.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers, designers, and others to
assist in resolving design, development, production, and acceptance
- Provides technical consultation to management and others, and
leads technical project teams.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in
accordance with established ES&H requirements to ensure the
protection of associates, the public, and the environment. Takes
actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action
is identified. Every associate has the right and responsibility to
stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
- Engineering analysis
- Value engineering
- Design engineering
- Cost estimation
You Must Have:
- U.S. citizenship in order to obtain and maintain US Dept of
Energy Q-level security clearance.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Manufacturing
Engineer or engineering discipline from an ABET accredited
institution/program is required.
- At least two years experience in a manufacturing, production or
quality engineering role.
- Existing DOE Q-Clearance desirable
- Ability to analyze engineering drawings and specifications to
develop effective acceptance processes and improve existing
- Demonstrated ability to lead quality improvement projects.
- Familiarity with Six Sigma tools and methodology; Six Sigma
- Effective verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and to
influence others to accomplish complex tasks and solve complex
- Ability and willingness to drive change and challenge / improve
- Demonstrated project management/leadership skills; ability to
evaluate situations, determine corrective measures, plan and lead
other employees and suppliers to execute plans to meet customer
- Continued Professional Development
- 1st Shift
- JOB ID: req223595
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 14520 Botts Road,Kansas City,Missouri,64147,United
- Must have or be eligible for a security clearance due to
Honeywell FM&T Overview
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants
will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color,
national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,
nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Kansas City , Quality Engineer - Supplier Quality, Engineering , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!