Graphic Design - Packaging
Company: Morgan Hunter
Location: Shawnee Mission
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most
recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We
specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals
for direct-hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of
local and national organizations. Our dynamic and growing client is
seeking a Graphic Designer - Packaging, to join their team. Our
client makes products that are sold worldwide at most major retail
locations. You will work with the internal team to come up with
fantastic package designs that you will see on the shelves at
retails locations, as well as in the eCommerce universe. The client
is seeking someone who is confident in their 3D package design
skills, and who also stays on top of the latest package design
trends. This position is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and not posted
elsewhere, so reach out today for a confidential conversation to
see if my client is a match for you. Why our client? Our client
offers a fantastic work culture and is a growing company. You will
also find them to be a great place to work and you'll be surrounded
by highly intelligent people such as yourself. We are searching for
a designer who is passionate about their craft, maintaining healthy
conceptual thinking while delivering excellent designs. To be
successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of
package design, package materials, graphic and 3D design, modern
design styles, and layout techniques. Ultimately, you will ensure
the designs promote our brand by delivering high-quality pieces on
tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be primarily responsible
for designing and developing compelling packaging solutions,
updating packaging specifications, supporting the design process's
implementation, and working with the marketing team on other
graphic design initiatives. Duties and Expectations - Packaging
- Create, manage and execute all aspects of package design and
marketing graphic design from concept to completion, including
sketching, prototyping, proofing, and delivering final art
- Deliver creative solutions for a wide variety of 3-D packaging
for products and sustainability (boxes, tray inserts, hangtags,
sleeves, displays, and signage), creating material specifications,
package die lines, digital and print mockups.
- Ability to create 3D renderings and provide direction to
factories that include material specifications, structure, and
final print-ready files for production.
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise
products/services with dramatic and eye-catching solutions to
communicate a brand message in-store and online.
- Showcase superb attention to detail.
- Handle fast turnarounds with a strong ability to prioritize and
- Manage overseas package vendors. Duties and Expectations -
- Manage design and layout for web and print campaigns, and
update the artwork for the website.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create banner ads,
advertisements, and artwork for marketing, social media, events,
and channel partners.
- Design original marketing pieces that may include illustrations
and infographics, event signage, sales sheets, and other marketing
- Research, identify and share current industry design trends and
competitive reviews related to the brand.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and assignments as directed by
management. Job Requirements:Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or 3D industrial design
with 5 to 10 years of experience
- 4+ years of experience in packaging design
- Expert understanding of packaging components, materials,
structure, die line creation and preparing files for
- Expert use of Adobe Creative Suite - shortcuts and efficient
workflow a must.
- Experience with 3D rendering programs and/or CAD is a
- Experience working with overseas vendors and/or factories.
- Showcase a strong portfolio with a variety of samples,
demonstrating an ability to conceptualize, design, and execute
current packaging in line with current market and consumer trends.
- Attention to visual details with the ability to combine various
colors, fonts, and layouts.
- Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, time management, and
project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed to interact
with in-house team members and with factories overseas.
- Strong creative typography skillset utilizing modern,
- Flexibility to shift priorities in a fast-paced and highly
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in a team
- Embraces change, challenges and makes recommendations for
improvements to products and processes. Who Should Apply? Please
note, our client will only consider applicants who are residing in
the Kansas City metropolitan area. All applicants must be
authorized to work in the USA with no restrictions. Our client does
not offer H1-B sponsorships or transfers. Thank you!
Keywords: Morgan Hunter, Kansas City , Graphic Design - Packaging, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Shawnee Mission, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!