Marketing Manager, SEO Content
Company: H&R BLOCK
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
H&R Block, the world's leader in tax preparation services, is
looking for a Digital Marketing Manager -SEO Content. This position
is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown
Power & Light district of Kansas City, where everything is either
steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness
gym and coffee bar, an awesome company cafeteria, free, covered
parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free
tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows. Relocation
assistance is available for this position.
The Digital Marketing Manager will manage SEO content efforts for
internal and external content in collaboration with Product teams
and Agency partners. We need a candidate who's highly motivated,
focused yet flexible, creative, and able to manage multiple
The ideal candidate is a skilled writer with a strong understanding
of SEO content strategies and tactics involving keyword research,
content analysis, content strategy development, content creation
and editing, as well as an understanding of how meta data and
schema markup enhances on-page content performance.
What you'll do
- Brainstorm, research and collaborate on ideas to create engaging
content across a variety of tax related topics.
- Write concise, engaging and informed content that is SEO
optimized and consistently expresses the brand voice/personality to
drive user action.
- Regularly write and publish new content for the website, optimize
- Copy, edit, and proof-read website content.
- Identify opportunities (content gaps) to develop additional
content to increase organic website traffic.
- Collaborate with other associates and support departments to
recommend and develop content that aligns with established business
and SEO strategies.
- Collaborate with internal content producers to align on content
strategies and execute against a common content calendar.
- Work closely with web producers, development teams and outside
agencies to provide SEO messaging and content insights.
- Evangelize SEO best practices to company stakeholders.
- Stay on the cutting edge of SEO content trends, tools, and
- Ensures projects are completed on time and within budgetary
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, or other related
field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent writing and editorial skills, exhibiting the best
practices in grammar and style
- Ability to balance short and long-term priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering
to established timeframes
- Understanding and previous use of a Windows-based computer
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
It would be even better if you also had
- 5-7 years of work experience
- 4 years of content development or SEO content strategy
- Familiarity with franchised, multi-unit retail services
- Experience with WordPress CMS platform
Keywords: H&R BLOCK, Kansas City , Marketing Manager, SEO Content, Advertising , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!