Marketing Sodexo Intern at UMKC
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
UNIT DESCRIPTION:Sodexo Marketing Intern at UMKC in beautiful
Kansas City, MO.
The Marketing Intern's primary role is to support strategy,
implement tactics and track the achievement of three key
- Increase profitable sales growth year-over-year
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Ensure Client RetentionThe daily activities of the Marketing
Intern are the implementation, tracking and reporting of Sodexo
marketing in alignment with the above three pillars. These
- Support of Creating Exceptional Student Experiences
- Support the implementation of the contents of the Campus Dining
& Retail Promotions Kits
- Support the Better Tomorrow Plan initiatives through marketing,
promotion, and communication
- Assist with the creation and implementation of all
communication collateral, including print, web, social media
- Monitor campus dining websites and social media outlets to
ensure compliance and up-to-date information
- Assist with communication, promotion, implementation and
tracking of all account level research to include bi-annual
customer satisfaction surveys, focus groups, food preference
surveys, and custom account analysis.Benefits include:1. Free shift
meals2. Free safety shoes3. Paid time off4. Career experience and
Position Summary:The Sodexo Intern will perform and train in
various responsibilities under their career concentration. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed
below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the
position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Assists maintenance workers, foodservice employees engaged in
cleaning, maintaining, cooking or serving at facilities of
commercial, health care, school, residence hall or other
- Assists in daily operations.
- Learns how to operate and maintain equipment on an as-needed
- Performs day-to-day assignments.
- Maintains and observes department's guidelines.
- May provides feedback on guidelines.
- May be assigned special projects.
- May assist in calculating recipes and preparing special
- May assist with the checking of patient trays and Feeding
- May update patient lists/labels on a daily basis.
- Attends weekly menu group and assists patients in filling out
- Completes formula inventory as assigned.
- May be part of a formal Sodexo internship program. Complies
with all company safety and risk management policies and
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP/OSHA and/or local policies and
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as
assigned.Qualifications & Requirements:
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- In pursuit of a degree.
- No experience required.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits Eligibility: Part Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Kansas City , Marketing Sodexo Intern at UMKC, Advertising , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!