Finance Reporting Supervisor
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: October 18, 2020
What you'll do... As a Financial Reporting Manager at our
corporate headquarters in Kansas City, you'll Responsible for
implementing and executing a global SEC Reporting process. You'll
also manage data gathering, review, and the consolidation process
for US GAAP disclosures in 10-Q/K filings and other regulatory
filings including proxy statements, employee benefit plan audits,
and other issued financial statements. Responsible for ensuring
that the reporting adhere to US GAAP and company policies.
Documents accounting policies and procedures and assists with
technical accounting research. Reports on financial results,
including investigating trends and variances, on a monthly basis.
Working with us, you can make a large-scale impact, helping to
establish new ways forward for our people and clients as we
transform our entire industry. And unlike some accounting sectors,
this position provides steady, reasonable hours that help you
embrace what makes your life uniquely yours. Day to day, you'll
- Creates and manages the global process of data gathering,
review and consolidation of financial information for disclosures
in quarterly and annual filings.
- Ensures that disclosures in quarterly and annual 10-Q/K
disclosures are in compliance with US GAAP and company
- Assists in preparation and review of materials for Disclosure &
- Report on financial results, including financial statement
review process and investigating trends and variances, on a monthly
- Assists with monthly financial statement review process.
- Assists with technical accounting research in and the
implementation, evaluation and documentation of new or changing
- Annually reviews accounting policies and procedures and updates
or develop new accounting policies as necessary.
- Develops new accounting policies when necessary.
- Maintains documented work procedures.
- Continually evaluates and standardizes procedures to improve
the efficiency. Ability to partner with offshore accounting
resources for successful completion of activities About H&R
Block... H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and
inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've
been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch
founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have
approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and
around the world.We are a people company first and a tax company
second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part
of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history,
but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how
determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how
accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and
much more. It would be even better if you also had...
- Master's degree in Accounting or related field.
- "Big 4" firm experience. What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of accounting and/or SEC Reporting
experience or relevant experience including preparing and/or
reviewing financial statements to include income statement, balance
sheet, statement of cash flows, statement of stockholders' equity
and related footnote disclosures.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting
principles and procedures as applied in a public company.
- Strong financial analysis capability.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of automated accounting systems.\\\\
- Prior experience with Workday or other general ledger and
consolidation and reporting systems with query, report writing and
other user functionality.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously by
.establishing priorities, organizing and planning work for self and
- Ability to work effectively with individuals throughout the
- Ability to establish priorities, organize and plan work for
self and subordinates.
- Ability to review the work of subordinates and members of other
departments in a constructive, helpful, and objective manner
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Finance Reporting Supervisor, Advertising , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!