Company: YMCA of Greater Kansas City
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The YMCA of Greater Kansas Citys mission and core values are
brought to life by our culture. Its who we are, who we aspire to be
and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We dont just
show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to
all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are
genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are
hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst
in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to
develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we
are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning
with you. We accomplish our goals by working with Trust, Teamwork
and Transparency.This position supports the work of the Y, a
leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to
strengthening community through youth development, healthy living
and social responsibility. The Administrative Coordinator is a
highly visible position, providing the first impression of the Y as
a representative of senior leadership when communicating with
visitors, members, partners, volunteers and vendors. This position
serves in an administrative and project-based role to the Senior
Vice President Operations & Risk and Board of Directors, managing
key data files for the Y, exercising professional judgment when
dealing with various situations and also assisting with various
projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Chief
- Provide broad support for the Senior Vice President Operations
& Risk, including:
- Administrative support for the functions of any councils or
committees chaired by the Senior Vice President Operations &
- Administrative support for coordination of, preparation for and
implementation of operational, vendor, council or committee
meetings led by the Senior Vice President Operations & Risk
- Conduct research and assist in the compiling and preparation of
data for interpretation or presentation
- Monitor Third Party Insurance program participant use to
identify members for encouragement to increase their number of
- May provide management, coordination and maintenance of the
Senior Vice President Operations & Risks calendar and
- Manage and/or assist with e-data and e-files for Operations, as
well as the Association
- Prepare and/or organize financial and informational
- May process expense reports for the Chief Officers (credit card
- Organize monthly financial variance reports as needed for
- May assist in the preparation of the Annual Report to the YMCA
of the USA
- Provide support for the functions of the Board of
- Assist in coordination of presentation materials for meetings
of the Board of Directors
- Assist the Executive Assistant in planning and implementation
(including setup, attendance and clean up) of meetings of the Board
- Understand organizational policies and procedures necessary to
ensure appropriate decision-making protocols are followed.
- Complete operational special projects as assigned by Senior
Vice President Operations & Risk or Senior Vice Presidents of
- Coordinate travel for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Attend meetings as needed.
- Complete special administrative projects as assigned by the
- Provides back up for CEO covering during the Executive
Assistants vacations and sick time.
- Coordinate catering for meetings and events as assigned by
Senior Leadership team.
- May help with facilitate planning, organization and
implementation of monthly celebrations.
- Serve as part of a team that assists the Welcome Center by
greeting visitors, determining nature of business and announcing
visitors to appropriate associates when necessary, as well as
primary back up for covering for Welcome Center Associates
vacations, sick time and lunches.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of office
space, conference rooms, kitchen, and reception area.
- Associates degree or the equivalent combination of education
and experience in related field preferred.
- Minimum of three years administrative or office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including phone
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Proven excellent attendance and reliability.
- Experience and ability to work productively with minimal
- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds,
abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Able to make independent and sound decisions in a fast-paced
- Able to exercise high levels of discretion and
- Strong computer skills with the ability to adapt to new
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills, and be
- Experience in calendar management of a Sr. Executives
preferred.Req No: 2020-5106 Mid: USD $17.76/Hr. Position Hours:
Full Time External Company URL: http://www.kansascityymca.org/
Street: 3100 Broadway
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City , Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!