Company: Worthington Industries, Inc
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 14, 2023
We are looking for a Controller to join our leadership team at
Level5 Tools, LLC, a subsidiary of Worthington Industries. This
position is responsible for timely and accurate specific plants
financial reports, overall business guidance, support pricing for
auditing and capital request while staying in compliance with GAAP
and SOX. The Controller must apply advanced level interpretations
or recommendations relating to specific accounting standards while
working independently to complete all assigned tasks by deadline.
The ideal candidate will be able to use logic and reasoning to
provide informed analyses and reports. This will require advanced
organizational and communication skills while maintaining a strong
attention to detail.
- Maintains complete and accurate general ledger accounts
balances and the resultant managerial reports and financial
statements, reconciles sub-ledger to general account, reviews
general ledger accounts and corrects journal entries, maintains the
general ledger chart of accounts, monthly, quarterly and annual
- Provides pricing guidance to Territory Managers.
- Designs and prepares complex budgets/forecasts and makes
recommendations for review by financial, sales or operational
- Evaluates asset trends, inventory progressions and levels and
- Serves as a liaison between internal/external auditing and
assesses internal controls, risk assessments and
- Performs monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes in
financial/budget variance analysis, researches proper treatment of
accounting topics and prepares recommendations, studies and
recommends ways to improve resource utilization, analysis and
reconciliation of bank statements.
- Interprets complex financial statements including balance
sheets, profit, loss, and subsidiary statements, prepares and
recommends actions in management/financial reports.
- Provides tax data and information to tax department and answers
questions related to tax data for sales, use taxes, and personal
- Evaluates the process for determining direct and indirect
costs, overhead and material costs, analysis cost variances, and
- Responsible for designing, conducting or assisting in
documenting moderate planning, modeling and analysis projects;
prepares or reviews moderately complex Capital Appropriation
Requests (CAR) and post CAR completion reviews; prepares and
consolidates a wide range of operating and financial projections
for the development of both short-term and long-term business
- Performs plant visits to review, discuss, and make
recommendations on financial statements, profit sharing, SOX
compliance, capital projects, expense analysis, age productions
reconciliation, freight quotes, headcount, customer margin, scrap
rates, and general operations support with Ops Mgr and key
- Leads or supervises interns and/or accountants.
- Creates ad hoc reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of General Accepted Accounting
- Intermediate understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Technology/Software - MS Office, accounting packages, documents
and spreadsheet. Prefer Oracle Financial, JD Edwards, Hyperion
- Intermediate analytical ability
- Intermediate problem solving ability
- Strong supervisory/leadership skills
- 5-7 Years of accounting/finance work experience
- Prefer Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Prefer Masters Business Administration (MBA)
**We are exploring candidates who are local to the Kansas City area
or candidates in Columbus, OH who are willing to travel to Kansas
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Inc, Kansas City , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!