Financial Intake Clerk (Billing)
Company: Tri-County Mental Health Services
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- COVID vaccine or pre-approved medical or religious exemption
required prior to hire date*POSITION SUMMARY
Reviews financial information from new clients to establish
eligibility for payment from various sources. Reviews payment
options with client
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the
- Obtains insurance information from new consumers via the
financial intake interview and verifies coverage information via
Passport or direct contact with insurance carrier.
- Enters coverage information into Avatar in the proper order so
that charges fall to the correct coverage plan.
- Maintains knowledge of funding sources, insurance and agency
procedures to ensure coverage is appropriately applied.
- Obtains proof of service area residency.
- Reviews all applicable financial intake forms with new
consumers and obtains consumer signatures as needed.
- Completes Standard Means Test, if applicable. Verifies income
and determines co-pay amount and enters information in DMH's CIMOR
system and Avatar.
- Enrolls MO HealthNet and uninsured clients in DMH's CIMOR
system and makes initial service category assignment. Enters client
id number as assigned by CIMOR into Avatar.
- Determines co-pay on sliding scale for eligible clients. Enters
co-pay amount into Avatar and CIMOR.
- On an annual basis, meets with established consumers to update
coverage and financial eligibility information. Enters updates into
CIMOR and Avatar in a timely manner.
- Follows up with consumers who have not provided coverage,
residency or income verification. Forwards information to Intake
Supervisor per Suspension of Services policy.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable internal and external systems
to perform job duties efficiently.
- Demonstrates caring attitude and appropriate communications
- Responds to staff inquiries regarding coverage for recommended
- Serves as a back-up for the POS Caremark authorization
- Cross trains with other business office employees as
- Serves as a back-up for the POS Genoa authorization system
- Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by
supervisor.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- High School diploma required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Annual TB test required.Experience Required:
- One to three years equivalent work experience required.
- Three to five years equivalent work experience
- Excellent phone and computer skills
- Ability to interact professionally with consumers and other
- The ability to use basic business equipment
Keywords: Tri-County Mental Health Services, Kansas City , Financial Intake Clerk (Billing), Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!