Accountant - Entrepreneurial Services Group (ESG)
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Founded in 1952, RubinBrown LLP is one of the nation's leading
accounting and professional consulting firms. The RubinBrown name
and reputation are synonymous with experience, integrity and
RubinBrown redefines the full-service experience by combining
technical and industry expertise with a commitment to personal and
- Assist with the day-to-day accounting activities of small
business client engagements in accordance with RubinBrown Client
Service Standards, including, but not limited to establishing a
chart of accounts (for new companies), payroll processing, accounts
payable/prepare checks, and accounts receivable/invoices, record
income and expenses, etc.
- Reconcile bank and credit card accounts.
- Prepare or assist with recording of transactions and general
ledger accounting, i.e. journal entries.
- Assist in maintaining Fixed Asset reporting and depreciation
- Maintain client records and files, including general ledger, on
- Prepare sales tax returns for multiple cities and
- Prepare payroll tax reports and filings.
- Prepare 1099 and W-2 forms.
- Monitor budget and cash flow.
- Review client documentation and format for use in preparation
of financial reports, financial statements and tax return
- Perform financial analyses, as requested.
- Implement accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with other accounting duties, as needed.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related degree, preferred
but not required
- Prior public accounting experience is preferred
- Strong technical skills including the ability to effectively
utilize technology and the commitment to learning in a technology
- Strong team orientation
- Energetic, enthusiastic and willingness to take initiative and
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements and provide
quality client service
- Utilize analytical and research abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel
- Experience with QuickBooks is required, Peachtree is a
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communication
- Strict adherence to professional ethics
- Ability to successfully contribute to the success of a
strategic business unit of the firm
Colorado and Nevada Salary Statement:
The salary range displayed is specifically for those potential
applicants who will work or reside in the state of Colorado or
Nevada, if selected for the role. Any offered salary is determined
based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market
data/ranges, applicant skills and prior relevant experience,
degrees and certifications (e.g. JD / technology).
To foster a highly respected, inclusive culture that helps foster
and promote an environment that is diverse and equitable for all
team members and the firm to achieve growth and deepened expertise.
RubinBrown is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: RubinBrown, Kansas City , Accountant - Entrepreneurial Services Group (ESG), Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!