Director Of Accounting Shared Services
Company: MHC - Murphy-Hoffman Company
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth
truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an
opening for a Director of Accounting Shared Services. The primary
function of this position is to provide overall leadership and
direction to shared accounting service including Accounts Payable,
Payroll, and Cash Receipts to ensure accuracy, completeness, and
timeliness of financial data. In addition, this position is
responsible for designing and implementing bestin-class operational
practices and to drive standardization and automation of
- Provides accurate, complete and timely AP, Cash Receipts, and
Payroll services for all business entities across the organization.
Designs and implements operational practices that drive
standardization, efficiency and automation of processes.
- Establishes strong review and quality assurance processes.
Ensure processes adhere to policies and internal control best
practices and audit standards.
- Leads a large team with the ability to manage additional
resources, responsibilities, and personnel. Leads recruitment,
motivation, retention, and development of mangers/supervisors and
the team. Manages performance of the department through goal
setting and put a succession plan in place.
- Collaborates with the business partners to identify and
prioritize the delivery of new business capabilities and optimize
existing capabilities. Ensures business partners are adequately
trained in the usage of systems.
- Assists in gathering requirements and develop systems designs
resulting in the delivery of new systems capabilities, including
people, process, and technology. Leads teams in the delivery of new
systems and systems capabilities.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of industry trends and
business best practices through networking and continuing
- Oversees compliance and analytical analysis of the Company's
Profit Sharing Plan.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor. City
Leawood State Kansas Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting or related area
- 4+ years working in shared services environment, with at least
3 years in a managerial role with multiple business units, strongly
- Significant expertise in accounting processes and their impact
on business, financial statements and overall control environment.
Ability to work with multiple data points or missing data to arrive
and communicate appropriate decisions while using root causes of
problems to take corrective and preventive actions.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire and
motivate managers and team members to deliver high performance and
support them to reach their full potential.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to
understand and react to the differing needs of diverse
- Excellent communication, analytical and process management
skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent prioritizing and organizing skills to balance time
and resources across different priorities in a fast paced, dynamic
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- On the Job Training About Us MHC is an expansion of the
original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in
Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business
without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a
temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded. MHC
is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck
dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration
locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of
finance and insurance services. We believe in fostering an
environment that helps employees realize their full potential - a
place where you can grow as a person and a professional. Equal
Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
Keywords: MHC - Murphy-Hoffman Company, Kansas City , Director Of Accounting Shared Services, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!