Tax Agency Analyst
Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: January 15, 2021
What you'll do... At H&R Block, we are in search of people
with bold ideas who can collaborate across and beyond the
enterprise to ensure a great client experience and help execute key
company imperatives. We need problem-solvers willing to bring
thoughtful, well-informed solutions to complex problems. We need
bold, resilient achievers like you to help influence the future of
H&R Block. JOB SUMMARY The Tax Analyst will play a key role in
implementing and executing H&R Block's federal regulatory
engagement strategy. As a member of the Agency and Industry
Relations team, you will have broad exposure to various parts of
the business, the Internal Revenue Service, and the tax industry.
As part of the team you will:
- Work closely with key IRS personnel and facilitate day-to-day
communications with H&R Block's largest regulatory
- Ensure H&R Block is adequately represented at and prepared
for strategic meetings with the IRS and other members of the tax
- Represent H&R Block at IRS, industry, and Security Summit
meetings with professionalism and capture, analyze, and share
pertinent information with impacted H&R Block
- Support in ensuring operational readiness for tax filing season
and strategic execution of key IRS-related imperatives. An ideal
applicant can effectively build relationships in a matrix
organization with the ability to use charm, persuasion, and
perseverance to build consensus among diverse groups of
Virtual applicants are welcome. Location in or ability to travel to
Kansas City, MO and Washington, D.C. will be required. JOB DUTIES
- Works closely with designated IRS point of contact to
facilitate day-to-day communications between the two enterprises by
soliciting responses to IRS inquiries from appropriate
stakeholders, fielding and validating inquiries from internal
stakeholders, and ensuring communications to IRS align to brand
- Monitors, researches, and communicates key tax administration
updates, changes, and proposals to impacted stakeholders.
- Facilitates preparation for IRS and industry meetings by
coordinating and aligning H&R Block attendees and soliciting
input on agenda topics in advance as needed.
- Represents H&R Block at IRS, industry, and Security Summit
meetings, captures pertinent information, and shares impacts with
relevant internal stakeholders.
- Supports IRS Relationship Management Strategy by helping to
ensure operational filing season readiness and strategic execution
of key IRS-related imperatives.
- Schedules, organizes, and facilitates recurring and ad-hoc
meetings with IRS Relationship Management Strategy core and
- Serve as primary representative and point of contact for
employment tax and payroll-related IRS and industry meetings.
- Provide IRS subject-matter expertise in support of company
products, services, and initiatives.
- Monitors, catalogs, and summarizes public news and reports
related to key products and services.
- Manage Foreign Bank Account Reporting electronic filing
institutional account and related tax professional-facing
- Researches, analyzes, and evaluates current developments on
federal and state tax administration issues preparing documentation
and analysis for use by internal departments and external tax
- Other duties as assigned. Pay range for this position is
$45,300.00 to $67,900.00 salary. This information is posted
pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act to provide
Colorado applicants with information about what they might be
eligible to receive. Individual pay decisions will depend on
job-related factors such as experience, education, skill,
performance, and geographic location where work will be performed.
Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more
incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could
generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each
plan. H&R Block offers competitive medical, prescription drug,
dental and vision benefits for regular associates and/or their
eligible dependents. Eligible associates can also participate in
the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), Employee
Stock Purchase Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition
Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, associate
discount program, flexible spending and health savings accounts,
and a variety of wellness programs. Associates also receive Tax
Prep benefits, paid time off benefits, Life Insurance, AD&D
coverage, Short Term Disability and Business Travel Accident
Insurance coverage. About H&R Block... We're here to live our
purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and
communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we
know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard
Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to
approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and
around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if
you also had...
- One or more years' experience in regulatory affairs, tax
administration, and/or account management in a regulated
- Knowledge of Federal and State tax administration, including
tax return filing, digital services, tax compliance, and
- Knowledge of digital service trends and best practices.
- Knowledge or familiarity with fintech trends and common
- Knowledge of identity theft related tax refund and/or financial
services fraud. What you'll bring to the team... Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related
field or an equivalent combination of education and
- Credential regulated under Circular 230 (Enrolled Agent, CPA,
or Attorney) or CFP credential. Alternatively, a candidate will be
considered if they are on a path to obtain one of these
- Operational knowledge of tax law and regulations sufficient to
understand and explain elements of personal, corporate, and
- Effective account management and/or project management skills
to convey information and ensure action items and requests are
completed in an accurate, timely matter.
- Demonstrated ability to research complex tax issues and
effectively communicate findings.
- Proficiency with PC applications including but not limited to
Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. #hrbjob
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Tax Agency Analyst, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!