Senior Project Manager - Development Services
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Senior Project Manager - Development Services, Kansas City,
At Kimley-Horn, we do things differently. People, clients, and
employees are at the forefront of who we are. Our commitment to
quality is only as good as the people behind it. We take pride in
how our employee retention, robust benefits package, and company
values have led to Kimley-Horn's placement on the Fortune"100 Best
Companies to Work" list for 13 years!
We have an opportunity for a motivated Senior Practice Leader to
join our Development Services team in Kansas City, MO. The
successful candidate will lead a practice specializing in
Commercial, Mixed-use, Industrial and multi-family development
services. This individual will have an entrepreneurial spirit and
create a vision for growth for a Development Services practice
while growing their own projects, clients and team around them.
This position leads business development efforts, manages
relationships with key clients, and oversees all project tasks
while mentoring the growth of younger staff. The successful
candidate will have a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and
grow their business.
Practice Builders are encouraged to pursue opportunities that fuel
their professional passion and contribute to firmwide success. Our
system for rewards is designed to recognize staff as they move
along a path to success. Bonuses, promotions, path to ownership
recognition, and other forms of advancement are performance based,
because as a firm we focus on results.
Contact Chris Ricker at email@example.com to learn
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Lead a Land Development team while building and managing
relationships with key clients.
- Operate with integrity and sound business principles.
- Provide practice vision, business planning and strategy,
establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client
- Open communication with partners and team, along with growing
and directing a Land Development practice.
- Manage projects profitably, transition work to qualified staff,
grow and mentor staff, help recruit, and be a positive role
Management responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Identifying and tracking leads.
- Making presentations, writing proposals and scopes of
- Establishing budgets, ensuring quality and timeliness of
deliverables, and supervising the execution of work.
- Accounting, administrative, marketing, recruiting, IT and
production support will be provided.
With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of an
impressive bonus program with the potential to advance to
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is preferred, or
equivalent experience in site design, surveying, landscape
architecture or land planning
- Extensive client contacts and relationships with local or
national architects, developers, land use attorneys, planners
and/or land owners as well as local jurisdictional staff.
- At least 10 years of experience growing and leading a
commercial, mixed-use, industrial, multi-family land development
practice in the Kansas City metro market.
- Business development and marketing experience including;
writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgeting for projected
- Ability to effectively communicate positively at all levels of
- Ability to manage and mentor staff, and direct resources
effectively in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage land development projects
At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation's premier planning and design
consultants, our professionals are experts in many disciplines yet
share one passion: making our clients successful.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in
the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor
H1-B or any other work visa petitions at this time.Apply Now
Keywords: Kimley-Horn, Kansas City , Senior Project Manager - Development Services, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!