Company: H&R Block
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: May 22, 2020
What you'll do... Work independently to provide legal advice to
H&R Block, Inc. and its subsidiaries on a variety of complex
legal issues. Facilitate projects with strategic impact.
- Coordinating efforts with internal clients as well as other
internal and external attorneys, iondependently provide legal
advice regarding complex issues in connection with the Company's
operations, governance, and strategic initiatives on a broad range
of topics as further described below.
- Lead the internal legal support of the Company's Acquisitions &
Development program by advising the internal operations team on
legal and business issues that arise during transactions,
negotiating purchase agreements and related transaction documents
with counterparties and their legal counsel, recommending revisions
to such agreements based on Company needs, assisting with
transaction due diligence efforts, and participating in
post-closing integration activities and post-closing disputes.
- Working closely with the Vice President and Deputy General
Counsel, General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer, and
other Company executives, including the Chief Strategy &
Development Officer and Director of Corporate Development, provide
legal support to senior officers and the board of directors on
mergers and acquisition transactions, strategic initiatives and
other corporate transactions.
- Help enable the success of the Company's finance department by
providing legal advice on a wide variety of treasury, corporate
tax, accounting, and audit-related activities.
- Serve as a department subject matter expert on matters related
to domestic and international governance structure, certain
financing activities, and a variety of strategic initiatives that
arise from time to time.
- As necessary, assist with the preparation of the Company's
public securities disclosure documents and public financing-related
- Monitor and advise management throughout the Company on
applicable laws, rules and regulations related to a wide range of
legal and governance matters affecting public corporations,
including state corporation law, SEC and NYSE issues and
regulations, and other similar issues.
- Manage outside counsel regarding tactical work on strategic
- Some domestic or international travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned. About H&R Block... We're here to
live our purpose to provide help and inspire confidence in our
clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally,
because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods
and lives. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and
Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown
to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States
and around the world. When you join our team, you'll add to the
momentum of a forward-thinking company one that defined an industry
and is now leading its transformation. It would be even better if
you also had...
- Significant experience providing legal advice on complex
matters related to legal and organizational enterprise structure
and domestic and international tax matters, involving both domestic
and international subsidiaries.
- Significant experience working on complex mergers,
divestitures, acquisitions and other corporate transactions
involving sophisticated counterparties and external service
- Significant experience working with and providing legal advice
to senior executives and subsidiary or parent-company boards of
directors. What you'll bring to the team... Juris Doctorate degree
plus license to practice law in one or more states. A current
member of the Missouri Bar or an ability to become a member of the
Missouri Bar within six months.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and coordinate multiple projects and work
initiatives at the same time. Five to ten years of corporate legal
experience at a large law firm or corporate legal department.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a
wide range of audiences.
- Effective negotiation skills and sufficient interpersonal
gravitas to lead negotiations
- Experience dealing with clients and external
- Ability to spot issues and recommend effective solutions.
- Demonstrated creativity in resolution of complex disputes.
- Strong business acumen and an eagerness to partner with
internal business colleagues to solve business issues.
- A positive attitude, a collegial approach to client
interaction, and an instinct to go "above and beyond" in order to
achieve the optimal outcome for the Company.
Keywords: H&R Block, Kansas City , Corporate Counsel, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!