Company: Epiq Systems Inc
Location: Kansas City
Posted on: February 16, 2020
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what
This position works in a shared services environment at Epiq's
Kansas City, Kansas office and performs accounting functions in
accordance with US GAAP. The position works closely with business
unit personnel across Epiq's various offices to identify and
address accounting issues in an ever-changing business environment
and strives to assure internal controls are designed and operating
effectively. This position also supports providing deliverables for
external audit and statutory accounting purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparation and posting of month end journal entries,
- Preparation and review of account reconciliations and
- Preparation and review of monthly closing binders,
- Preparation of deliverables for internal or external audit as
- Provide support for budgeting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis
as needed, and
- Identify and implement process improvements.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete special projects and other similar accounting duties
as assigned by Manager, Accounting.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILL/ABILITY: To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential job duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP accounting, specifically an
understanding of revenue recognition standards, equity accounting
and cash flow preparation.
- Knowledge of internal and process-related controls,
- Ability to organize, meet strict deadlines and work both
independently and as part of a team,
- Independent with high initiative,
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written,
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced business environment,
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Accounting; Master's degree preferred,
- CPA firm experience, including SEC reporting clients
- CPA certificate preferred,
- SAP experience preferred, or experience with other large ERP
- Industry accounting experience is a plus, and
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and other MS Office products
Typical work week is 40+ hours with overtime as required to meet
business requirements and deadlines.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic
over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment
opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without
unlawful regard or consideration of any individual's race,
religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other
reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national
origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or
mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis
protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or
local law. Epiq's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on
any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds
protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq
will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered
veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance
or an accommodation during the application process because of a
disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to
provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a
result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where
applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants
with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Epiq Systems Inc, Kansas City , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Kansas City, Kansas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!